fifty-three

author pov
-

it's been a week since renjun and mr. kim's encounter and suyeon started to attend the school again. of course, suyeon being someone who loves to study can't stop pestering hyeri to share her notes which hyeri gladly help and doing her notes properly in sake of suyeon.

renjun and suyeon are okay again. they both decided to ignore their families objection and agreed to do something if something happens in the future. for now, they don't want to think much.

suyeon is happy nowadays, aside of the cold war with her father, overall she's happy. however, she can't help but notice something's off with hyeri. suyeon decided to ask.

"you know hyeri, we've been friends since forever and i noticed something's off with you.." suyeon said and hyeri who is reading her book turned to suyeon.

she let out a awkward laugh.

"what are you talking about? i'm completely fine. or are you talking about me doing my notes prettily? i know i never done that before but i did it for you." hyeri said jokingly, changing the topic.

"hyeri, stop playing fool. what's wrong?" suyeon asked.

"i know i've been busy with my stuff that i didn't have time to talk to you these past weeks, something happened, right?" suyeon added.

hyeri let out a heavy sigh.

"my problem isn't as big as yours suyeon.." hyeri said, still reluctant to tell suyeon.

"so something did happen." suyeon raised her eyebrows.

"honestly it's not worth your worry, i just got rejected." hyeri said and covered it up with a laugh.

"wait a minute, rejected? do you mean, jeno?" suyeon asked and hyeri let out a bitter smile before she nod.

"hyeri! it definitely worth my worry! so, are you okay now? wait that's a stupid question, of course you're not." suyeon said as she grabbed hyeri's hand.

"i'm fine, i think. i should've expected it, jeno wouldn't like someone like me." hyeri said.

"did he say something? how did this happened?" suyeon asked.

"it's my first time liking someone this much, suyeon. you probably know that too.."

suyeon nodded, waiting hyeri to continue.

"and the urge to confess was really, high. i really want to let him know, which was a stupid decision. so i confessed." hyeri said.

"did he blatantly rejected you? without sugarcoat?" suyeon asked.

"you can put it that way, i think. but i don't blame him. he is just honest about what he thought about me." hyeri said.

"and his words hurt you, am i right?" suyeon asked.

"a little, but as i said, i'm fine." hyeri smiled.

"what does he said?" suyeon asked, she knew she's being nosy but this involves hyeri and she cares.

"he said he didn't like my personality, which made me reflect on myself too. maybe my personality is trash and i wonder if...you thought the same.." hyeri said as her voice broke.

"no way! i would never thought that." suyeon said as her eyes started to water.

suyeon might've said hyeri is annoying, but in a lovely way. that just what she is.

"wait, don't cry." hyeri said.

"you cried first!" suyeon said as her cries grew louder so did hyeri's.