thirty-eight

author pov
-

everyone is in the music room , except renjun. they're waiting for mark to come. they decided to talk.

"place your bet , why did mark hyung did that?" jeno asked as he took a sip from his cola.

"is it really mark though? are you sure that was him?" chenle asked haechan who is leaning on the wall with his hand tucked into his pocket.

"i'm sure , i know that my eyes didn't lie to me." haechan said as he nodded.

"my bet , he hates renjun." jaemin said , answering jeno's question.

"reason?" jisung asked and jaemin shrugged his shoulders.

"or he genuinely likes seri." chenle said.

their attention are on the door when mark creaked open the door.

"why do you guys want to meet me?" he asked as he smiled.

"hyung , we have something to ask. sit first." haechan said as he walked to door and locked it. in case renjun barge in. he proceed to lean on the door.

mark , without thinking anything , walked to the sofa , sitting beside jeno.

"what is it? it seems serious." he asked , the smile doesn't leave his lips.

"i'll get straight to the point. what is your relationship with seri?" haechan asked.

mark's facial expresion changed.

"why do you ask?" he asked he laughed awkwardly.

"just answer it." jaemin said.

"what do you want to hear from me? should i be honest?" mark raised his eyebrows , realising they already know something about him and seri.

"what's the point of asking if you're gonna lie." jaemin rolled his eyes.

"she's my lover. are you okay with the answer?" mark smirked.

"seeing you answering like that fazes me. you do understand the situation , right? what a betrayer." jisung said as he scoffed.

it's visible that he's annoyed.

"oh , you do remember that you're younger than me right? don't be rude , jisung." mark said as he smirked.

"i do have right to be mad at you." jisung said as he clenched his fist.

"what's the reason , let us listen to it." jeno said as he turn to look at mark.

mark looked down as he started to smirk. eveyone is eyeing him , feeling infuriated with his behaviour.

"stop that , you crazy." jisung grabbed mark's collar , making their eyes matched.

"calm down , jisung." chenle said as he pulled his friend.

mark fixed his clothes as he scoffed.

"your relationship with renjun is kinda special." mark said sarcastically.

"you know that well." jisung stared at him.

mark scoffed.

"answer our question , mark." jaemin rolled his eyes.

"honestly i can't understand how you guys can be friends with him knowing how wicked his family is." mark said as he shot a cold stare.

"is it his family that we be friend with? it's him , huang renjun himself." jeno said , sending stares back to mark.

"what kind of spell did he put on you guys to the point you guys stick with him like a bunch of leeches?" mark asked as he tilted his head.

"is it because his money? so that your status won't be shaken? because he's influential? it's not like i don't know you guys are a bunch of spoiled rich kids..-"

"stop there." haechan cut him off.

"it's none of that. it's because he's huang renjun. and for your information , we don't care about our status." he added.

"spoiled rich kids? if i'm a rich kid i don't need this sponsorship. renjun hyung has been helping each of us. it's you who don't know." jisung stated.

"okay i probably can agree if you say he's a brat or he's rude. i can understand it because that's who he is. but his family? that's so illogical. why , your family is the victim of his father dirty business trick? bad for you. i guess." jaemin said calmly and added a little bit of sarcasm at the end.

"but again , we are friend with renjun , not his family." jaemin added.

"shut up." mark said.

"seeing that you're offended , i guess it's true. by the way , i'm not really interested in you. i want to know why seri is lingering around renjun and waste his time?" jaemin asked as he raised his eyebrows.

"don't why you just ask her?" mark said.

"just answer it. don't question me." jaemin rolled his eyes.

"i don't know , she seems like she still has a little bit regret about leaving renjun and she wants to repay for that
and i can't stop her for doing so." mark shrugged his shoulders.

"pathetic." jisung uttered.

"don't talk about seri like that." mark shot.

"both of you are pathetic. i'm sick of it." jisung said as he glared.

the others didn't say anything , just stare at jisung. they know how jisung care for renjun.

"renjun can use his time for better purposes rather than hanging around with seri. this is so unfair." he added.

"use it for what? playing with girls' heart again?" mark asked as he raised his eyebrows.

"to find a new love." jisung said before we asked haechan to get out of the door because he wanted to get out.

he halted. jisung stared at renjun who's standing in front of him with teary eyes.

"pathetic." renjun uttered , referring to mark and seri.

he turned around and walked away.

"hyung!" jisung called for him.

the others gathered in front of the door watching him walk away.

"poor renjun." jeno said as he shook his head.

"shouldn't we chase after him?" chenle asked.

"no , let him be. he need time." jaemin sighed and haechan nodded.

"i think our ties ended here." jeno said as he turned to mark.

"it wasn't a tie to begin with. we didn't develop a bond." mark said as he stood up and left.

"it's so hard to swallow reality." haechan said as he sighed before he walked to sit.

"exactly." jaemin looked down , feeling disappointed.

"i do understand him , i do admit renjun's family is wicked. but , this is wrong." haechan said.

"breaking and playing with renjun's heart , that's not right." jeno said as he took a sit beside haechan.

"seri is unbelievable as well." chenle stated.

"i know right. to repay? nonsense." jaemin rolled his eyes.

"i wonder since when renjun hyung stood in front of the door." jisung asked as he sighed.

"since the start , maybe." jeno looked down.

"this is messed up as hell. i refuse to believe this is reality." chenle said as he leaned on the wall.

"it is the reality , face it." jisung said , the others sighed as the reply.

-

okay y'all can kill me. yes , i made mark as a bad guy here ahhh. i intended to do it at first (in renjun , doyoung , jiwon conflict) but i changed my mind, i want to keep him as a good character and at the end , i really set up him as a bad character ✌🏻