fifty-four

author pov
-

doyoung walked out from the library after his study session with jungwoo. he halted as he saw renjun. he sighed as he saw the boy, it's the third time of the week.

"renjun, stop doing this please." doyoung told the boy.

"doyoung please, i need your help." renjun said.

"what do you expect from me? i'm just a highschool student who will graduate soon, i can't help you, especially with what you wanted." doyoung said.

"then who will help me?" renjun asked.

"i told you that you don't have to do this." doyoung said.

"no, i will. my father's business was never a clean one. i will reveal everything." renjun said, determined.

doyoung runs his hand through his hair frustratingly.

"honestly renjun, how can you do that? let me remind you, that you're an 18 years old boy, a highschool student. i advise you to stay away from adults' business." doyoung said.

"are you saying that i should stay still knowing my father is capable to hurt suyeon?" renjun asked and doyoung gulped.

"sadly, yes. that's what i'm saying. renjun, suyeon has me, our parents and her friends. it's not only you. and she's not as weak as you expected her to be. i advise you to not meddle in your father's business. i know he's not doing it clean, it's dirty and i know it better than anyone else, our family was one of the victim, remember? but believe me, without you meddling, truth will be revealed eventually. i just don't want you to turn your back against your father. he's evil, i know. but you're his son. doesn't it hurt to do this, renjun?" doyoung said, as much as he claimed he dislike the boy, he still cares.

renjun didn't give a response. doyoung inhaled his breath before he start talking again.

"you still a teenager, renjun. go and hang out with suyeon and your friends without thinking about these stuff, i know about our families but now, ignore those. i'll defend you if needed. you don't have to worry about your father's evil deed and just live like a normal teen, you know? gosh, why i'm nagging? anyways, you get my point." doyoung said.

renjun let out a heavy sigh.

"it feels weird hearing these words from someone older. you see doyoung, i grew up without feeling love, my parents don't really shower me with love, let alone these kind of advises. hearing someone say that i can live like a teenager makes me feel weird because i grew up hearing them saying that i should act maturely. even though we're just a year apart, you're so mature with your words, it's like having an older brother." renjun said, looking down.

doyoung looked at the boy with sympathy.

"also, i know we have our own history and i don't think i ever apologize to you. i'm so sorry, doyoung." renjun added.

"gosh, it's weird knowing you have this side of yours. can you just return to the bratty huang renjun that i used to know?" doyoung laughed it off, trying to make the air lighter.

"and renjun, i can be your older brother that you can turn to anytime. i think i can be there for you though it's not a promise." doyoung said as he tapped renjun's shoulder.

"thanks, doyoung." renjun smiled and doyoung nodded.

"okay great, you just wasted my lunch time. come on, you have to treat me lunch to compensate." doyoung said as he put his arm around renjun's shoulder dragging the tiny boy to the cafeteria.

"gosh stop putting your weigh on me, you're heavy!" renjun whined. doyoung giggled.

"not my fault that you're tiny." doyoung teased.