twenty-five

huang renjun
-

"i'm sick , renjun." she said.

i stared at her with my unamused expression.

"so?"

"i left because i'm sick. i don't want you to suffer."

silence.

"you can tell me back then , but you didn't." i said , still staring at her.

"i was afraid to tell you." she said as she held both of my hands.

"i don't have much time , renjun. my treatment was a failure..i came back to see you." she said as she slowly looked up to me , her tears rolled over her cheeks.

"what do you want me to do , seri?" i asked. my heart ache for her. i can't bear seeing her crying.

"can i spend time with you like our past? i really miss you.."

"i don't feel the same for you anymore, seri." i said as i avoided eye contact.

"i don't care , renjun. i don't care if your heart is not for me anymore. can you fulfill my wish?" she said , her eyes looked sad. it hurts me.

"are you okay if i'm not sincere? doesn't it hurt you? you're a human as well , seri." i asked as i raised my eyebrows.

"my sickness is more painful , renjun."

"okay if that is what you want. i'll do it." i said , finally agreeing.

"thank you , renjun." she said as she smiled bitterly.

|||

author pov
-

"suyeon!"

"oh my , haechan can you stop shouting my name out of nowhere?" suyeon said as she sighed.

"where are you going?" the guy asked.

"teacher's room." suyeon said as she pointed the way.

"oh , me too. let's go with me." the guy suggested.

"okay."

"hey , i have a question."

the girl slowly looked up to the guy.

"what is it?" suyeon asked as she raised her eyebrows.

"what do you think about renjun?" he asked.

suyeon looked at the guy in confusion.

"i swear mark had asked me something like this before, why do you ask?" she said and chuckled.

"just asking , i do think you and renjun look good together." he said as he shrugged his shoulder.

"you're talking nonsense. we are good friends now." suyeon said as she smiled.

haechan smiled slowly as he stared at suyeon. suyeon avoided eye contact as she felt uncomfortable.

"friends can bloom."

"huh?"

"you guys can go more than friends." haechan said again.

"i don't have any plan to do so , haechan." suyeon said as she smiled awkwardly.

"oh well , okay then." he said as he finally look back to the front.

the both of them finally arrived at the teacher's room.

after settling their stuff, haechan asked suyeon to join lunch and suyeon agreed after calling hyeri.

they entered the cafeteria.

"oh hi , suyeon." jaemin greeted.

"hi." suyeon greeted back with a smile.

her eyes can't stop looking at each of them.

"are you looking for renjun?" chenle asked before he chuckled.

suyeon is taken aback.

"no , what are you talking about..." she said as she laughed awkwardly.

"yeah , why would she look for him?" jaemin said and suyeon slowly looked at him.

"oh yeah." she said.

"ah i'm sorry that i'm late. eh you're here?" renjun asked as he locked his eyes with suyeon.

"hi , where are you from?" suyeon asked.

"ah , library." renjun said as he took a seat beside chenle.

suyeon smiled bitterly.

kim suyeon
-

"ah library." renjun said , i looked at him. i felt disheartened at the answer.

why would he lie?

before i met haechan earlier , i saw renjun talked to a girl , it's the same girl with the one i saw this morning. i can't tell who she is , i don't recognize her. but for sure , i saw she crying. i can't hear their conversation but strangely , i felt something tingling in me. i don't feel comfortable with this.

i shook my head , brushing away the thought. you shouldn't stick your nose in this , suyeon. it's not your problem.

"ah suyeon , do you want to go out with me after school?" renjun asked , i looked at him.

"huh? suddenly?"

"you said you want to treat me coffee at my favourite cafe , i'm free today , i'm afraid i will not have time next time." he said.

it does sound weird for me but i slide it away.

"ah sure." i said as i smiled.

"since when you guys went out together?" jaemin asked.

"ah that one time.." i said.

"i see." jaemin said as he nodded.

"how many secrets you didn't tell me huh?" hyeri said as she headlocked me. where did she learn to do this?

"hey hey , let me go." i said as i hit her arms.

"oh hyeri , you're wild." jeno said as he titled his head.

hyeri fake coughed.

"you have more secrets that you didn't tell me right?" hyeri asked as she raised her eyebrows.

"yup." i answered.

"tell me , oh wait let me guess. i think i heard doyoung say something like this before. you once liked yangyang right?" hyeri said and it caught me off guard.

"did you hang out with doyoung?!" i asked in shocked.

she raised her eyebrows as she smirked.

"of course." she said.

"that guy really walk around and tell you my secrets doesn't he?" i asked in disbelief ah , kim doyoung.

i noticed everyone looked at me , they stared at me.

"w-what?"

"you liked yangyang? how about now? did you ever confess?" haechan asked.

"it's all past , oh god. no , i never confessed." i said as i rolled my eyes.

"now i think about it , you and him are kinda cute too." haechan said as he grinned.

just now he said renjun and i look good together.

"are you my matchmaker?" i asked as i raised my eyebrows.

"i can be one if you want." he said as he smirked.

"no , thanks." i said as i took a sip from my drink.

"you liked him?" renjun asked.

i nodded.

"when i was 6." i said as i smiled.

"so , how about now?" he asked.

i stared at him as i smile slowly.

"i don't like anyone."