eight

kim suyeon
-

it's the weekend's morning. i'm getting ready to see hyeri at her house.

"where are you going?" doyoung asked as he saw me walking down the stairs.

"hyeri's house." i answered as i folded my sleeves.

"oh , i thought you're going to see your boyfriend." he said sarcastically. i shot a glare at him.

i swear , after the news , doyoung has been treating me like this and that's actually so annoying.

i grabbed a sandwich and just walked to the door.

"don't be late. mom and dad will be home today." he said.

"alright." i replied and walked out.

it takes no time to arrive at hyeri's house since our houses literally a few blocks away.

i knocked the door and wait for hyeri to open the door , but i saw an unexpected face instead.

"oh?" he exclaimed.

"suyeon! you're here." hyeri said as she came.

she then looked at jaemin.

"oh yeah , he's here because..i don't need to explain but hurry up , come in." hyeri said as she pulled my hand.

i followed her as she brings me in.

"sit down first , i'll bring something for you to drink." hyeri said and i nodded.

"do you always come here?" jaemin asked as he sits as well.

"yeah , but it's been a long time." i answered and he nodded.

"it's my first time seeing you here." i added.

"of course , i don't really come here." he said and i nodded.

"oh well , you can just ignore him." hyeri said as she came with a tray of drinks.

i can see jaemin shot a glare to her.

"where's mine?" jaemin asked as he scanned the tray.

"get it by yourself , you're not my guest." hyeri said and jaemin rolled his eyes.

"by the way , suyeon. i want to ask you something." jaemin started.

"yes?" i asked.

"why did you agree with renjun's decision?" he asked , staring at me.

it was my first seeing him this close , not really the first time but he's actually looks good. makes sense because hyeri is beautiful as well. gene doesn't lie.

"about that? i heard his reasons and i think i should help. by the way , it's not that hard. i'm just playing along." i answered as i grabbed my glass.

"his reasons? what did he say?" jaemin asked.

"about his family or something..." i answered.

"ah..he's using his family.." jaemin nodded as he smirked and looked at his phone.

"suyeon , i wish you could think one more time. this thing won't give you any benefit. just stop it while you are at it." jaemin said as he still looking at his phone.

"hm?" i'm confused , why would he care?

"oh my , i usually don't agree with you but for that one , i'm totally agree!" hyeri chimed in.

"i'm saying this as renjun's friend but...it won't give you anything but pain." jaemin said again as he looked at me.

"why would it gives me pain? we dislike each other and i doubt we will like each other in the future." i said.

"are you sure that you won't fall for him?" jaemin asked. this sentence. i heard it from doyoung once.

"i'm sure." i said as smiled.

"okay then." jaemin said as he focus on his phone again.

is there any reason why doyoung and jaemin asked me that question ?

"is there something that i don't know?" i asked , finally asking him.

"well , you're not even serious with him. i don't think i should tell you." he said as he smiled.

"you jerk! just tell her while you're at it!" hyeri said as he threw a pillow.

i don't see that coming.

"do you know something?" i asked hyeri.

"i'll tell you." hyeri said.

"what is it?" i asked.

"anyone who fall for huang renjun will suffer." she said. i furrowed my eyebrows.

"what do you mean with that?" i asked.

"literally what hyeri had said." jaemin chime in.

"wait , can you explain? i'm confused." i said , still confused.

"go and ask everyone who had date or were close with renjun in the past , ask what renjun do to them. he literally makes everyone fall in love with him just to leave them." jaemin said , looking in my eyes.

"so that's why , don't ever fall for him." he added.

"a-alright.." i said as i looked into his eyes. he's so serious to the point i'm actually taken aback.

author pov
-

jaemin sighed in relief after spilling the truth to suyeon. he can't bear to see the person he used to like fall into renjun's trap. of course , he knows what exactly renjun has in his hand.

he remembered the day he talked to renjun.

"where have you been?" jaemin asked as renjun stepped in the music room.

haechan , chenle and jisung aren't there and it just him and jeno.

"i was with suyeon." renjun answered as he sat down on the sofa.

"why would you meet her? wasn't she just playing along with you? you don't have to meet her." jaemin said as he stared at renjun.

"i want her to fall for me. oh well it's more fun since she is doyoung's sister." renjun said as he smirked.

"i knew it. you are huang renjun , after all." jeno chimed in , not surprised at what renjun had said.

"when will you change?" jaemin asked , knowing his question is worthless after all.

"never. i decided to be like this forever. i enjoy making people suffer." renjun said and that caught jaemin off guard.

his friend is indeed heartless. he doesn't have any emotions with him. what exactly happened in the past to the point renjun became like this?

jaemin stared at suyeon. he don't want suyeon to be hurt. he don't think the girl in front of him deserve to suffer with renjun's game.

he don't really know suyeon , but he knows for sure , suyeon is kind and pure. she deserves someone who's sincere.

"you know what , let's be friends." jaemin suggested , he thought this way he can save suyeon. even though suyeon said she will never fall for renjun , he can't guarantee that. renjun is a master of making people fall for him. renjun is the person who's full with charms and jaemin knows it too well.

"of course , why not. i don't really have friends, i only have hyeri , you see." suyeon said.

"what the , you're not even close with me and then you suddenly want to be friend with my friend?" hyeri complained. jaemin ignored her and keep staring at suyeon.

at this point , he realised something.

he's falling for her again.