twenty

author pov
-

the two of them walked to the school in silence. renjun cursed in his mind , he didn't expect things to turn this way. he was honest when he talked to suyeon , he was indeed feeling guilty the fact suyeon got involved just because he played with jiwoo's heart in the past. he's mad at himself.

he don't know since when , he started to care for the girl. is it because she helped him in the rain? he don't know.

as his mind swayed with thoughts , they arrived.

"i'll see you later." suyeon said.

"yeah sure." renjun replied before they parted ways.

suyeon in the other hand , walking to her locker to get her stuff.

"suyeon." she turned around at the voice.

"jiwoo.."

"listen , i'm sorry okay?" the other girl said , suyeon didn't reply letting her to talk again.

"i think i need to apologize , i loved doyoung once , so i think i need to apologize to you.."

"doyoung asked you to do so , isn't it?" suyeon asked as she looked at jiwoo's face carefully , she was indeed gorgeous , no wonder her brother fell for her.

"have you apologize to doyoung?" suyeon asked , averting her gaze back to her locker.

she can see the girl nodded.

"go and apologize to renjun too. you used his name." suyeon said calmly.

"but he..-"

"i know , jiwoo. he's bad. he played with your heart , i get that. he shouldn't do that , i know. but he's a human , you shouldn't do that as well." suyeon said , slowly turning her head to face jiwoo once again.

"go and apologize to him okay?" suyeon said as she smiled before she closed her locker and walked away.

renjun walked to the music room , he still has some time before the class start. as he creaked open the door , he saw jaemin inside.

"you created something big yesterday." jaemin stated as he looked at renjun.

"i know." renjun replied as he walked to the sofa.

"so what are you going to do after this?" jaemin asked , making renjun slowly turned his head to see jaemin.

"what do you mean?"

"suyeon , what are you going to do with her?" jaemin asked.

renjun mind replayed the scenario of him and suyeon walking to school this morning.

"i'm afraid for the same reason.."

"i have no plan." renjun said as he avoided eye contact with jaemin.

"you , starting to fall here don't you?" jaemin asked as he let out a sigh.

"i'm not surprised.." jaemin said again.

"i didn't say something like that , jaemin. stop assuming." renjun said.

"then , it's all over now , can you let her go?" jaemin asked.

"we never official in the first place." renjun said he took his phone out before looking at it.

"no ,.."

renjun averting his gaze to see jaemin again.

"when i say let her go , i mean stop hanging around her."

renjun squinted his eyes as he look at jaemin.

"i can't do that.."

"..we decided to be friends."

na jaemin
-

"we decided to be friends." renjun said , i don't feel comfortable.

knowing renjun , being friends with him can be a big deal as well. she still can fall for renjun if renjun lingers around her. and the same thing can happen to renjun. i don't want to see that to happen.

"say , renjun. why are you doing this to me?"

"i'm not doing anything to you , jaemin." he said , his eyes fixed on his phone screen.

"can you let me have her?" i asked , probably sounded desperate.

"try it." renjun as he stood up.

he slowly looked up to my direction.

"go and try to win her heart." he said and walked away.

i sighed in disbelief.

i took my stuffs and locked the room. i walked to my class.

|||

it's lunch time , jeno and i made our way to the canteen , i saw renjun,  suyeon and hyeri together. they really decided to be friends , huh? we walked slowly to join them.

"let's go and eat lunch together." jeno suggested.

"huh? we aren't going to eat." renjun said as he slowly looked at jeno.

"where are you going?" i asked.

"library." suyeon answered.

"you guys really need to leave me alone , right?" hyeri complained.

"join us , hyeri." jeno offered.

"can i?" she asked.

i looked at jeno.

"yeah , let's go and eat." i said.

"see you guys later , then." suyeon said.

we nodded and bid our goodbye.

hyeri , jeno and i walked together to the canteen.

"so hyeri... i have something to ask." i said as we sat on the chair while jeno go and get some food.

"what is it?"

"how did suyeon treat renjun , usually?" i asked as i stared at my cousin.

"she's treating renjun like a friend would.." she said.

"i think she's serious about being friends with him." she added.

"you see , jaemin , i don't particularly like the idea..-"

"me too , hyeri. me too. i don't like the idea as well." i cut her off.

"i thought you're his friend? go and stop him." she said with a serious tone.

"are we really friends?" it was a rhetorical question.

"he just don't listen." i added.

she sighed.

"i know suyeon well , jaemin. i know she won't fall for someone easily. but it's huang renjun we're talking about. i can't guarantee about that." she said again.

"i know." i said as i looked down.

"look who we have here! hey hyeri!" i looked up as the voice hits my ears.

lee haechan.

"can you quiet down? you're being loud." i said.

"can't help with that , my voice is originally like that." he said as he sat down.

"hyeri noona, why are you here?" chenle asked.

"your friend took my friend and jeno offered me to eat together."

"are you talking about renjun hyung?" jisung asked and hyeri nodded.

"look hyeri ,.." i started , grabbing her attention.

"if i say i like suyeon..how would you react?" i asked.

others eyes are on me.

hyeri , didn't move any single inch , staring straight into my eyes. her expression is blank , she's neither mad or shocked.

"i won't support it , jaemin." she said calmly.

"w-why?" i asked , bewildered with her answer.

"because i prefer suyeon's guy friend over you."