Chapter one : The meeting

"Okay, I'm sorry, how can I make it up to my princess?" asked my boyfriend Blake, taking me by the waist and pulled me closer. "I don't know, maybe a dinner at Berny's tonight" I said with a smile, putting my hands on his strong shoulders. "All right, 8 pm at Berny's" Blake said planting a kiss on my forehead. "Good, I'll meet you there after work" I said, hiding my head on the crook of his neck. By his neck I could see the clock displaying 6:45 am. "Shoot, I gotta go" I said, breaking the hug. I got to my car and drove off to work.

It was a year, yesterday that Blake and I were dating, and tho it wasn't the first time that we were fighting about him coming back home at 6 am. He's a mechanic, and his garage is a few blocks away from his apartment. I have to admit I have doubts about him about everything, cheating on me, having no feelings for me, not wanting to see me... everything. Why don't you dump him you'll tell me, it's only been two weeks. It's like this, I really like Blake, I don't want to lose him so I want to see what the problem is and save the relationship.

I parked my car in the staff's parking lot and entered Neverland's principal house. "Hello George, how are you doing?" I said greeting the butler who looked at me with a wide smile. "Hi Kris, I'm fine and you?" he asked kindly. "Good thank you, do you know if Michael is up already?" I asked, looking around a bit. "No, he is still sound asleep" he responded. "Okay, he needs to rest this morning, he has a meeting this afternoon with John Landis and other producers, Can you please prepare the seminar room for 2 pm?" I asked with a smile. "Sure Kris, I'll take care of it" he said nodding with a smile. "Thank you dear, call me if you need help" I said kindly and went to my office.

I let the message tape on to see if someone called in my absence, but happily no one called. I checked my files and finished the details I left yesterday to finish today.

"Hey, you're early" I heard Michael say in a baby voice. I lifted my head up and smiled as he rubbed his eyes. "Hey Mike, I'm on time as usual" I said. "What's for today?" he asked with a yawn. "Nothing for this morning, and this afternoon you have a meeting with John and a bunch of other producers for moonwalker at 3 pm" I said with a smile.

"Oh wonderful! Wanna join me for breakfast?" he asked kindly with his cute smile. "Sure" I said getting up and following him in the living room where the breakfast was set for him. "Did you have breakfast this morning? Or even if you want to eat, help yourself" he said in his sweet tone. "Uhm I-" I started but my belly cut me off growling. "George please, add a plate for Kris" he said laughing. "Thanks Michael" I said awkwardly. "No problem, why didn't you eat this morning?" he asked with concern. "I wasn't hungry when I got up" I lied, nodding at George who brought me the plate and the cutlery. "Come on Kris, you're my best friend I know you by heart, tell me what's wrong" he said putting a hand on top of mine. "Well Blake didn't come back home after work last night, I was worried,so I waaited all night for him and he came back this morning at 6 am like nothing happened" I said and started eating. "He's been acting weird lately" he said, eating his boiled egg with his silver spoon. "Yeah, I know" I said looking at my food. "Do you want me to hire a private detective?" he asked seriously. I looked at him and sighed. "It's very kind of you Mike but no thank you" I said with a smile. "That's okay" he said smiling. We finished our food.

I waited in my office for him to get ready then an hour after he came back dressed with a black shirt, aborned with a red armband on his right arm, black suit pants and of course his famous penny loafers, whith whte socks. "Looking sharp" I said kindly. "Thanks, can you tie my hair in a ponytail please?" he said, sitting on the chair in front of my desk. "Sure" I said giggling. As usual, I let two strands of hair fall in and tied the rest of his jheri curled hair in a low ponytail. "There you go dear" I said smiling. "Thank you, oh and by the way you can go home early, I'll be fine in the meeting" he said. "Okay, thanks, I'll be at Blake's, if you need you can call me" I said then wrote the number on a piece of paper and gave it to him. "Sure" he said with a smile. We talked for another hour about work, we ate luch and I drove back home.