Chapter 2 : Saturday

I sat on my couch sighing, I spent all day cooking for tonight and took my time to prepare and now I'm resting for a bit. Tom's coming and I'm kinda stressed. I chuckled, looking at the dress Michael offered me which was black , going above the knees with shoulder pads and a leather corset-belt. I glanced at the clock above the Tv and rested my head against the couch's headrest, Tom should arrive in a few minutes. A soft knock echoed through the room, I got up and opened the front door. "Hey Tom, come on in" I said with a smile, taking a step away to let him enter. He stepped in and smiled, "Hey Kris, here, I didn't know which flowers you like so I took red roses" he said, getting a small bouquet of red roses from behind his back. I gently took it and smiled, I felt my cheeks blush "Thanks, it's perfect, plus it's my favourite" I said happily. "Do you want an aperitive?" I asked, going to the kitchen. "Yeah a beer please" I heard him from the living room. I took two beers and some snacks then joined Tom who was sitting on the couch. I gave him his beer and sat beside him.

"So, not too tired after Thursday night?" he asked jokingly. "Nah, I'm fine, I found entire my memory back" I said, chuckling. "And you?" I asked, smiling at him. "Good actually, I finished the case I was actually working on this morning and now I'm on a week-end" he said shrugging then took a sip of his beer. "Nice, you can rest after the effort" I said kindly. "Oh yeah, that I will" he said with a charming smile. We continued talking about each other to learn more about each other, even if we both know that it takes a lot more than a dinner night to know a person. Which is funny is that I feel like we've known each other for years, I mean we have a lot of common points and the same sense of humour.

"And yeah I wanted to play around with my best friend because I knew that he wouldn't let me in the bar so I used my real birth date and making myself two years younger to prove I was a student but still legal enough, then he knew he had to let me in" he said with a smirk. "Oh yeah, when is that?" I asked laughing. "April 4th 1966" he said fiercely. I chuckled, causing him to give  me a questioning look, "What?" he asked, "Nothing, it's just that I realized that you are two years younger than me" I said finishing my beer. "No way, I don't believe it, you're joking right?" he asked. "Negative, I was born on January 30th 1964" I said smiling. "I tought you were 21" he said, surprised. "Nope I'm 25, and he obviously let you in didn't he ?" I asked, interested, I actually loved the police's stories. My dad used to be a cop and told me some of his cases, except for the last one he investigated on. "Yeah, we usually play around like that to avoid people discovering we have any connection, it's twisted but that's a part of the job and an agreement with my partner" he said, playing with his beer can. "You guys must have a hell of a complicity" I said nodding approvingly. "Yeah we do" he said with a smile.

I smiled as well and we were interrupted by a knock on my door. "Who could that be? I'm coming back quickly" I said excusing myself to the door. I opened the door and my smile faded. "Blake, what a surprise, the hell are you doing here?" I asked bored already and in an ironic tone. "Hey babe" he said. "Babe? You seriously think you still have the privilege to call me that? So funny, I'm busy so be quick" I said leaning my left arm on the door frame and played with my fingers on the wall. "Well, stuff of mine is still here and I'm picking it up" he said, pushing me gently and walked to my room. "Uh excuse me, I think that there is a missunderstanding here Blake" I said following him and mouthed "I'm sorry" to Tom who nodded in understanding. "Blake, get out" I said sternly. "No" he said, opening my closet and threw my clothes on the floor. I leaned against the wall and crossed my arms. "Sure make a mess of my room, Do you know that this is trespassing, and I could call the police for that" I said simply, but starting to boil on the inside. "Not if I'm your boyfriend" he said, turning to me. "Were" I corrected. "What are you searching for anyway?" I asked with a sight. "A shirt" he said as he kept throwing everything on the floor.

"A shirt?" I let out a mad laugh. "Let me get this straight, you come here while I have a guest at home and make a scene for a bloody shirt and you make a mess of my room, what is that Blake?" I asked, walking to him. "Nothing just taking back what's mine, including you" he said, raising his voice. "Uh no you aint taking me back, I thought I made it pretty clear two nights ago, but it's isn't actually in you head" I said right into his eyes. "Seriously, you cheat on me and then you're forcing me to go back with you? you're insane buddy, and this shirt of yours is at your apartment, next time instead of barging at my place like a crazy person, open your eyes, now if you'll excuse me I have a guest and you have girl to go back to" I said taking him out of my room harshly and led him to my front door. "Yeah, you won't say that next time I'll come" he said with a smirk. I chuckled "I seriously hope for you that there will be no next time" I said sedding daggers with my eyes to his. "Or what?" He asked. "Don't play that childidh game Blake, and get the hell out" I said in calmer tone. "You're not worth it anyway" he said, rolling his eyes, in attempt to get to my nerves. "Yeah whatever just remeber, you fucked up so ask yourself who isn't worth it" I said then closed the door and locked it.