Chapter 26: A new start

"Tom?" I asked, playing my fingers. "Yes Kris ?" He asked, putting on his brown leather jacket. "I don't know why tho, but I feel so nervous and, excited at the same time. Can we go grab a coffee before heading to the chapel ?" I asked, removing his hair that was tucked in his jacked. "We can't, we're gonna be late" he said, taking me in a quicke embrace. "But I'll make you one at the chapel" he said with a smile. "Okay" I said, giving him back his smile.

"Hey !! Welcome to you, new recruit" Greeted Doug, as we made a high five. "Hey, Hanson, can I have a word with you, it's about, well, you know what" he said goofily, causing Tom to look at him with big eyes, pissed off. I looked at both of them suspiciously. "Stevenson!" Called Fuller. "I'll see you later guys" I said, then made my way to the Captain's office.

"Hi" I greeted politely, entering the office. "Hi Kris, please sit down" said Fuller, kindly. I sat on the chair in front of his desk, as he stood by the door frame. "Ioki!" He called, then sat by his desk. "So, I called the academy and you will start the formation next month, Ioki, please sit" he said with a smile and paused, as Ioki and I were greeting each other with small gestures. "You'll be a week per month at the academy and the rest in here, at jumpstreet, the formation will last for a year, more or less, depending on your evolution" he explained. "Sounds good" I said with a smile. "Ioki here, will be your mentor and partner, since he's sergeant, he'll be in charge of your formation, you'll be most of the time assigned with him" He said, showing Harry who was smiling, I nodded.

"Any questions? " he asked, laying on his chair. "Yes, What if we're on a case and it's still not finished before the week that I should be at the academy?" I asked, crossing my legs. "After you finish your day at the academy, you come here to go on with the case" He answered, simply. "All right, and one more question, will I still be consulting before I go to the academy ?" I asked again. "Yes of course, I'll call you when I'll have a case, for the moment it's a little flat, to be honest" he said running a hand in his black, thick and short hair. "But I promise I will, and you'll be assigned with Ioki so you can start working together, anything else ?" he asked with a smile. "No, it's all for me, Captain" I said with a smile.

"I do have a question" said Ioki. "Go ahead" Fuller said, turning to him. "Maybe you talked about this with Hanson, but are you ready ?" he asked seriously, looking at me. "I don't know if we're ready enough at anything, but I think I am" I sais confidently, running a hand in my hair. "Good, you'll be fine, without any doubt, myself and the whole team will be ready to help you" he said, full of benevolence. "Thanks" I said with a happy smile.

"I'll call you in the month if I can assign you on a case, if not I will see you next month, future Officer Stevenson" said the Captain, standing up and reaching out his hand for a handshake. I got up as well and shook his hand "Sure, see you Captain" said with a bright smile. "And we'll see for tutoring" said Ioki with a wink as we made a high five. "See you, coach" I said, with the same bright smile.

The month went by, pretty quickly. No cases, since it was flat. But today was my first day at the academy. When I arrived there, I had to put on the famous police Officer uniform. It was a baby blue long sleeved shirt, with thin dark blue shoulder pads, on the left sleeve, on the upper arm there was a crest, dark blue with the words 'metropolitan police' written in gold colour. Also on the left side bur above the breast area, there was a name tag with my name on it 'Kris Stevenson', it actually looked cool. And for the pants , it was a navy suit pants. I tied my air into a low ponytail and disposed of the formal police hat on the top of my head. I smirked at my reflection in the mirror, I knew I made the good choice.

I got in the room I was indicated, before I changed. The room was painted in light grey, rows of separated tables filled the room, on my right there was a big wooden desk facing the empty tables, backed with an enormous green chalkboard. I sat by a table, close to the teacher's desk where a pile of books with my name written on it, rested. Among the books there were code of law, cases situations : what to do, history of police, psychology and more books.