Chapter 7 : Infiltered

*Kris P.O.V*

"Choose which one you want to have" I said, leading them to the staff's rooms, which was the same as the guests room, Michael didn't want to make a difference between staff and guests for accomodations. The only difference was that it wasn't on the same corridor. "I'll take the one on the left, if you don't mind" said Harry to Tom "No go ahead" Tom said simply. "I'll see you guys in a few then" I said with a smile. "Uh wait Kris" said Tom. "What?" I asked softly. "Can I have an elastic hair band please" he asked, as Harry went to his room. "Here, take mine" I said handing him the one I had on my hair. "I'll be in my office, join me there when you'll both have finished to change" I winked at him and went to my office

"Hi Joshua" I said, closing the door behind me. "Hey Kris" he said with a charming smile. "Hey what about me!" Michael shouted behind me, making me jump in fright, then bursted out of laughter. "Michael what the hell" I said with my hand on my chest. "Where are Goerge's assistants ?" he asked, getting back serious. "They're changing into their uniforms in their rooms" I said, sitting down by my desk. "Did you accompany them inside?" he joked, with a cheeky grin and raising his eyebrows. "Uh no, I should have?" I said entering in his joke. "If they're at your taste why not" he said laying on the sofa crossing his legs like if he was at a psychologist's session. "Or, unless your boyfriend is jealous" he said with a shrug. "I don't know I guess it depends on which one I would've chosen" I said, shrugging with a smirk. "I always knew you were a wild girl but at this stage" he said, joking even more. "Well you know this is it to be pretty" I said acting like a bad bitch, thankfully it was a joke and both Michael and Joshua knew it. "You're the worst, girl" said Michael, laughing.

"Michael can you open the door please, you're laughing so much that you didn't even hear the knock on the door" I said playfully rolling my eyes. He got up making me his famous peace sign with his fingers and opened the door. "Hello, come on in" he said, inviting Tom and Harry to walk in. "What are you names gentlemen?" he asked, shooking their hands. "I'm Harry Shu-Lan nice to meet you Mister Jackson" Harry said with a smile. "I'm Tomas Pennington" said Tom in a nice tone. I have to admit that he looked really handsome with his hair tied up and a suit on. "Welcome, I hope we'll collaborate well" Michael said with a smile. "Absolutely Mister Jackson, count on us" said Tom, confident.

The phone on my desk suddenly rang and I picked it up "Yes it's Kris" said politely. "Kris, this is George, could you send me the boys to the kitchen, please and if you can before he does, don't let Michael read the headline, he will get even more mad" informed George. "All right, I'll show them to the kitchen, see you in a few George. "Michael, if you'll excuse me I'll borrow you this gentlemen to go to the kitchen, George needs you there" I said to Michael, then to the boys. "What if I don't want?" he asked in a serious tone, but I knew he was joking. "I'll take them with me anyway" I said with a chuckle. "Why do you always get me when I'm joking?" he whined like a kid. "How many years have we known each other, Michael ?" I asked, raising my eyebrows. "Four....Five years" he said. "You get your answer" I said with a nod. "Anyway we better get going" I said to the boys.

"You and Michael are always this close?" asked Harry. "Yes, always" I answered with a smile. "It's her best friend" added Tom. "You know that makes you a suspect?" asked Harry, in a sorry tone. "Yes I know, I'm the closest to him among the staff, but I understand clearly, I want you to know that I would never do that, He's like a second brother to me" I said. "And honestly, I don't know who did that, but it's breaking Michael in pieces, he might act cool, making jokes and all but inside he's hurting, and it's heartbreaking to see him like this" I said. I took a deep breath seeing that we were in front of the kitchen doors. "I'll see you guys for lunch" I said, flashing a smile, then made my way to my office.

I was about to get in, when I spotted Michael brutally, slamming his bedroom's doors. I opened the office's door and saw Joshua standing there with a sorry expression. "What happened Joshua?" I asked, worriedly. "Well, it wasn't my intention to hurt him , but earlier when we took breakfast, I took the newspaper, so I could read it here, and when I read it, when you were showing the boys to the kitchen, I saw the headline and.... I showed him... I know I shouldn't...George told me about it earlier but..it was so revolting that I.. didn't think" he explained himself. I grew furious, I felt my eyes stare at him with all the anger I had inside and my face muscles tighten up. I pulled him by the arm to the living room, that was close to the kitchen, but far enough from Michael's room.

"Are you out of your mind?" I asked in the coldest tone ever, that I couldn't even control. "Kris, look, I... I am sorry okay? I didn't think" he said, lowering his head. "Yes I noticed that you haven't think" I said, losing my temper, but tried to manage my emotions. "Didn't we make an agreement Joshua?" I asked with a sight. "Yes we did" he answered in a small voice. "What was it?" I asked, still in the same tone. "I know but I.. reacted on the moment" he said, not answering my question, which annoyed me more. "It's been three times you've been telling me that, answer the question" I said looking right into his eyes. "We made the agreement of keeping Michael out of every headline to prevent him from hurting" he said, looking away. "Right and who suggested that ?" I asked my hands on my hips. "I did" he said, running a hand through his beach blonde hair. "Do you know how he feels about the situation? we both promised to help him, and keep him away from hurting no matter what, well this is our job more or less, put yourself in his shoes for a second, don't you think he's hurting enough? Unless you did it on purpose" I said without realizing that I raised my voice a bit. "I didn't I swear, I'll be careful from now on Kris I promise" he said, playing with his fingers. "You better" I said back in a cold tone.

"What's happening here ?" asked George, entering the living room and looking at the both of us with Harry and Tom standing behind him. "She is mad at me because I accidentally showed the headline to Michael" he explained almost in a sarcastic tone, which wasn't false but damn, he's got some nerve, like it's my fault right now. I looked at my watch and took a deep breath, "I'll go get Michael" I said coldly and left the room, pissed off.