Chapter 12 : The premonitory dream

I was sitting at my desk, writing Michael's upcoming appointments in his agenda that I update constantly for him. I looked up and saw Tom sitting indian style on the floor, staring at the white marble floor with bloodstains on it, without a word and no expressions could be read on his face. I got up and walked closer to him, but each step I was taking, the further he seemed to be. 

Feeling something weird under my feet, I looked down, the waxed dark wooden floor was rotting and started to crack. I made a step further and some of the cracked floor broke, revealing fire underneath, that started to grow, because of the broken pieces of wood that were falling off. I was breathing hard and my heartbeat got faster as if it was going to jump out from my rib cage. Snakes, big long Taïpans were coming out from the fire and crawled in Tom's direction. "Watch out!" I yelled to prevent him. 

Someone tapped on my shoulder in order to get my attention, getting me to jump, "Take this" said Harry, giving me a white lightened candle and wax starting to drool, burning my hand a little as I took it from his hand that was burned by the wax, then he vanished, just like dust. The wooden floor formed a path for me, to lead me to Tom. A path of leather and turquoise carnations alongside on the edges, I was wearing a beige fedora it was Tom's and I had a pastel pink dress on. I walked down the path, which felt actually like a wedding aisle, I kneeled down beside Tom, and deposited the candle in front of him. "Hey, what's going on?" I asked with concern, putting a hand on his lap, covered by black pants. He didn't answer, still staring at the bloodstains surrounded by snakes. One of the snakes suddenly looked up to me and stared at me, I started shaking, intimidatingly looking in his eyes. His stare was impressive yet scary. He got closer towards me but Tom quickly and gently put his hand on my knee, like a barrier to prevent the snake from getting closer. But I got petrified when I felt another snake crawl on my back. "Go away!" I yelled.

I jumped in fright, sitting up a bit on the bed, I breathed heavily and I was shaking, thank god it was just a dream. It was dark so I couldn't see if I got Tom awake, but apparently not, since he didn't move, but that's a good thing I didn't want to wake him up. I slowly sent my hand to feel where he was and his back was facing me, so I leaned back and I delicately put myself against him. I wrapped my hand around him, putting my hand in his and rested my forehead underneath his nape then sweetly deposed a kiss in between his shoulder blades. I felt him softly intertwine our fingers and hold my hand tight but not too much.

I woke up by the noise of the front door closing, and someone walking in, Tom must be back from the newspaper stand. I got up , rubbed my eyes and stretched my arms. I opened the door and saw Tom not at the top of his mood, much more like concerned, sitting down, and reading his newspaper. I got closer and kissed his cheek tenderly. " 'Morning" I said with a sleepy voice, pourring coffee in both of our cups and brought it to the table. "Hi, thanks" he said, focused on his newspaper. I drank my coffee quietly, thinking of what I'll have today, which is going to be a pretty busy day, with Michael's departure for tours of his new album. "Say, you made a nightmare tonight?" asked Tom out of a sudden, looking up from the blacked ink striped paper. "Yeah, it was pretty much like a weird dream, did I wake you up?" I asked scratching the back of my head. "No, I wasn't really sleeping, it's just that when you hugged me you were shaking" he said. "Ah yeah it's because I dreamed of a snake crawling on my back" I said with a thrill, just thinking about it, then finished my coffee. "Yikes" he said in a disgusted tone, making funny gestures with his hands. "Yep, anyway I will go and prepare" I said, getting up.

"Uh Kris, I'm leaving for work, don't wait up for me, I'll be home late" he said entering the bedroom, and kissed my lips sweetly as I arranged my baby blue taylor jacket. "Okay, have a great day" I said with a smile. "Thanks, you too" he said with a small smile before closing the door behind him. Few minutes after I was ready, I climbed into my car and drove off to work.