Chapter 5 : Mrs Hanson and the headlines

It has been about 4 weeks since we're dating and it's been heaven since, we also already argue few times about stupid thigs but which couple doesn't. "Hello?" I answered the phone. "Hey Kris, it's Tom" he said. "Hey Tom, are you okay?" I asked, it's been two day I haven't seen or heard from him, another case, it's typical of Tom. "Yes I am, you too?" he asked, reassuring me. "Yes" I said with a smile. "I suppose you're about to go to work so I'll make it quick" he said. "Sure, go ahead" I asked impatiently. "Do you want to sleepover at mine tonight?" he asked, simply. "Yeah, sure I'll come after work, and you'll come at mine tomorrow night if you'd like" I suggested kindly. "Uh yeah I'd love to, but I don't know I'm still on that case, I need to stay at my place in case Doug or Captain Fuller calls me, I'll tell you tonight or tomorrow depending on how the investigation is going" he said, embarrassed. "Okay, no problem" I said. "I'll see you tonight Tommy" I said as an uncontrollable smile grew on my face. "Oki Doki" he said in a cool tone and hung up.

"Hey Mike, all ready up?" I asked, surprised. "Hi Kris, yeah I didn't get any sleep actually" he said in a cold tone. "Why ? What's up?" I asked with concern. "I think we might have a spy with us" he said looking away, clicking his tongue. "A spy? damn... How did you know about it ?" I asked, shocked. "By the newspaper, Kyle gave it to me about an hour ago" he said, dropping the newspaper on my desk showing the head line written 'Wacko-Jacko on the project to build a theater in his house, with room for children, would you leave your kid for a night?' in big black capital letters. "How is that possible? I mean we had that meeting yesterday, the whole estate has been cleared out from journalists, Fuck ! Let's say there is a spy, who could that be?!" I asked, running a hand through my hair, with a sight. "I don't know we are about a thousand in the estate" he said with an empty look. "If I catch the one who did this, he or she better pray for his/her life, trust me" I growled. "You willl find the person who did that?" he asked, looking at me, unsure. "Of course Mike, you can count on me" I said, pulling him into a hug. "Screw this person who did it, okay? you're strong Michael ! We're gonna wedge this turd, all right?" I said, gently stroking his back. "Thanks Kris, I'm so glad to have you by my side" he said, hugging me back.

Later in the morning, Michael fell asleep on the couch of the office, so I made sure to not wake him up and worked on things I had to do today, review all Michael's date to write him down on his agenda he always had with him when he was out of the country. "Lunch is served" George said, entering the office, thank god he had a calm voice. "Thank you Geoge, I'll wake Michael up and we'll be there soon" I said with a nod. "Sure, and Mister Brown arrived, I took the liberty of installing him by the dining table" he said with a smile. "That is perfect thank you" I said kindly, "No problem" he said then vanished to the dining room. "Michael, wake up, lunch is served, and Joshua's here" I said softly. "Oh Okay, I'm up" he said, getting up half awake.

"Hey Joshua, how are you doing?" I asked, kindly taking a seat, Michael didn't even bother to look at him, he just made a 'hi' sign with his hand while sitting down, he was still mad. "Hey Kris and Mister Jackson" Joshua greeted politely. "I saw the headline this morning, it's revolting, they have no shame writing things like this" he said in compassion for Michael. "Yeah well I do hope for the person that he or she is not a spy from here" said Michael in a dark tone. "Yes that's for sure" said Joshua, approving Michael's statement. "Anyway, let's eat Michael, you need to, try to think of something else, I promise you I'll take care of it, okay?" I said looking at him. "Okay..." he responded, looking at his food. "Kris?" asked Joshua, then took a full fork of vegetables. "Yes?" I asked, turning to him. "Do you need help? as your assistant I'm willing to help you if you need" he said kindly with a smile.

I looked discreetly at Michael who nodded at me. "Sure, that's nice for asking, thank you Joshua" I said kindly and started eating my plate.

"I did everything in the filing this morning, so technically we have nothing left to do, but we'll spend our afternoon trying to find a way to get this fuc... I mean this person from the newspaper" I said, restraining my words to stay professional. "Sounds like a good afternoon" he said with a smile, trying to lighten the mood as we entered our office. Michael almost fell asleep in his plate earlier because of the lack of sleep from last night, so he went straight to his room and barely ate. "But the question is how are we going to find the person who did it" I said with a sight sitting down by my desk. "We could interrogate everyone?" he suggested. "I don't know, there are a lot of workers here, it would take too much time, on our work" I said. "Yeah, you're right" he said, rubbing his forehead. "I think that for the moment we can start by analysing everyone, their behaviors or you know we talk about it in front of some people and try to see how they will react, you know what I mean?" I asked, trying to explain. "Yes that sounds nice, but we can also bring out the possibility of a spy to accentuate the act even more" he suggested. "But today is a little bit fresh to do it, I mean if we start searching now the culprit might know and find a way to lie and get out of this, don't you think?" he asked, unsure. "I don't know, this is so complicated, maybe we should call the police or fbi" I said, swinging my chair, side to side. "Maybe we should wait, I don't know, this is getting me confused" he said. "Me too" I said, sitting back correctly and crossed my legs. We kept talking on a way to find the culprit but it was extremely complicated to establish a plan, since neither of us had any idea.