Chapter 3 : Yep That's My Girl

"Hey ! sorry, I'm late" I said, embarrassed, taking a seat next to Tom. Michael and I talked about work and I wasn't careful at the time. "Hey, no problem we just arrived too" Tom said with a smile. "Hey, I'm Douglas Penhall, but call me Doug, I'm this guy's best friend, and Tom aren't you going to introduce this beautiful lady to me?" he asked looking at Tom with a 'aren't you' look. "Yeah sure, It's Kris, a good friend of mine" he said with a smile, looking at me. "Hi" I said, stretching my hand friendly, for a shake. Doug took my hand gently and kissed the top of it, causing me to smile. "Charmed and pleased to meet you" he said charmingly with a cute smirk. "Nice to meet you too" I said quite embarrassed, I'm not used to people getting touchy at the first meeting. Tom cleared his throat getting Douglas and I to look at him, he had a poker face on. "What ?" Asked Doug to Tom. "The waitress waits for us to order" he said, tilting his head towards the waitress, who was talking with a bartender. "Okay, I got it Tommy, I'll go, what do you guys want? It's on me" said Douglas standing up. "A beer would be fine" I said kindly. "Yeah same" said Tom looking away. "I'll be back in a sec" he said with a small smile, then went to the bar.

"How have you been doing lately?" he asked. "Good, busy with work since Michael was out of town and he came back today, I had to basically run the house but it was cool" I said with a chuckle, "and you?" I asked with a smile, resting my head on my hand. "Great, I've been making busts here and there and hanging out with a girl I met recently" he said looking at me with a charming smile. "Nice she must be lucky" I said giggling, crossing my legs.

"Yo, here are your beers guys" said Doug cooly, dropping the beers on the table and took a seat "Thanks man" said Tom. "Thanks Doug" I said smiling. "How did you guys meet? Because Hanson wouldn't tell me about his goofy smile he's wearing lately" he said sneakily looking at Tom. "What are you talking about Doug, I ain't wearing no goofy smiles" he said running a hand through his hair. "So funny, now you're embarrassed Hanson" he said in a funny tone, causing Tom to roll his eyes.

"We met about more than three weeks ago, I just dumped my ex and drank a lot and I was about to get to my car when Tom prevented me from driving, we walked around, until I sobered up, and ended up waking up the next morning at his place" I explained. "Oh that's cute, but you woke up at his place?" Doug asked with a smirk. "Yes, and nothing happened if that's what you want to know" replied Tom, taking a sip of his beer.

"Oh no, I promised the babysitter I'll be back for 8.30(pm), I'll see you tomorrow Hanson, and it was nice meeting you Kris" said Doug getting up. "Same Doug" I said kindly. "Yeah Portland high tomorrow Penhall" he said as they made a hand five and Doug left.

"Do you wanna go for a walk?" asked Tom as I was finishing my beer. "Only if I can grab onto your arm" I said smiling. "Let's go" he said, getting up. I putted on my black and white checkered jacket that matches my skirt and we walked out the bar. I linked my arm with his and we started walking. "Sorry for Penhall's questions, he's really kind but extremely curious" he said looking at his feet. "It's all right, he seems funny actually" I said, shrugging. "Yeah he is" he said with a smile.

"Yo McQuaid!" said happily a young boy with a brown mullet and a leather jacket, at first I was surprised but didn't show it, and then it hitted me, he must be a kid in Tom's case. "Hey man" responded Tom. "I got the gran you wanted, my dealer gave it to me an hour ago, I'll give it to you tomorrow at school, I left it at my place" he said, putting his hands in his pockets. "It's cool man, I'll have a little extra to ask" Tom said with a nod. "Sure, oh hi, Tom is that your girl?" asked the boy, looking at me from head to toe. "Yep, that's my girl, Linda" he said, smiling at me, resting an arm on my shoulders. "Hi" I said shyly. "Look Randy, man, we have to go, I'll see you tomorrow" said Tom. "Okay, have a good time" he said with a smirk and left.

"I didn't figure you out for a crack lover" I joked, looking at him with a smirk. "Yeah well, I'm not the one you think I am" He said joking as well. "Oh really?" I asked, raising my eyebrows, "Who are you then?" I asked, looking at him. "Why, interested in some way ?" he asked sneakily. "Maybe" I shrugged. "Maybe?" he looked at me curiously. "Yeah" I said looking away. "More one the positive side or negative?" he asked, raising his eyebrows. "I don't know you tell me, you solve mysteries Mr Hanson" I said innocently. "That's right, but uh, I think I can't solve this one by myself" he said acting skeptical. "Why is that?" I asked, acting surprised. "Because I think I'll need Linda's help" he said, putting his free hand on his chin, acting like he's thinking. "What does she need to do?" I asked, interested. "uhm, give me a clue" he said, as we arrived towards my car. We stopped and smiled tenderly before I took him in an embrace. "When shall we meet again Tom ?" I asked softly as my arms were wrapped around his neck, and his were around my waist. "What about wednesday night? I would've asked you tomorrow night, but we'll be in the process to finish the case" he explained. "Sure, I understand, Wednesday is perfect" I said, as we broke the embrace. "Good, see you on wednesday" he said, balancing on his feet. "See you on wednesday Tom" I said, deposing a kiss on his cheek.