Chapter 8 : Awkward and sweet

I slowly opened the door and saw Michael, sitting on his bed holding his head in his heands, his face paler than usual. "Mike, lunch is rea... Are you okay?" I asked, worried. "My head's spinning, I can't get up from my bed" he said, looking down at his bare feet."Maybe, it's because you're hungry, come on I'll help you" I said putting a hand on each of his arms. "Okay" he said, letting me helping him to get up. "I...I can't I have to go....bathroom" he said then ran as he could to the bathroom to threw up. "Go join, them I'll get some sleep" he said, gettin up and put some water on his face. "Are you sure ?" I aske with concern. "Yeah" he said with a small smile. I nodded and went to eat. An hour after I came to check on his and he woke up to get lunch in the dinning room.

"How are you feeling Miachael ?" Asked George. "Better, thank you George" he answered, sitting on his seat as Goerge went back to the kitchen. "Kris?" Harry, called. "Yes Harry ?" I said sitting down as well. "Joshua left, because he felt so awkward about what he did and he wanted you to know he is truly sorry" he said, with a nod. "All right, thank you" I said to Harry with a smile. "What's with Joshua?" Michael asked. "Uh nothing, don't worry" I told him with a reassuring smile. "Here are the chef's lasagnas" said George with a smile as he deposed a plate in front of Michael and Tom in front of me. "Thanks" I said with a smile. "My favourite" Michael said happily, clapping his hands together.

"Hey Kris, do you think that soon I can meet this soulmate of yours you know, the charming Tommy you've been telling about since two months" he said with a sneaky smirk, making me choke on my water, and I saw Tom in the corner of my eye wearing a poker face. "Uh, yeah well he's on a big case these days, I'll talk to him about it and I'll let you know when he'll give me an answer" I halfaway lied, why does he have to ask it right now. "Of course yes, I understand, bless him for his job, it mustn't be easy, but you know I'll truly like to meet him, I wanna make sure he's a good man for you, that he doesn't hurt you like the other turd did or you know I have good connections, I'll hunt him down and make him pay" he said sounding like Marlon Brando in the godfather. "Hey relax Al Capone, I already told you he isn't like Blake, like the total opposite" I said, defending Tom.

 "Yeah the sexy cold type, with defined jaw and mysterious look, that you wouldn't mind being busted by him, figuratively speaking of course" he said confidently enjoying saying it out to see my reaction. "What are you talking about I...I didn't say that" I said, hiding the fact that I was embarrassed, certainly because Tom was actually here and Harry, his colleague was here too. "Are you kidding? you told me that like two days ago" he said pushing forward. "Well, that's funny because I don't recall, and oh shoot that's bad timing, real bad timing you see, because I've got plenty of work to do" I said acting up 'late' and got up. "We'll finish that conversation later baby" he said with that sneaky smirk, and I kissed the air in response and ran to my office.

I sighed with a chuckle, then dial Joshua's number to get him informed about Michael's conditions. "Hello?" he picked up in a sleepy voice. "Hey Joshua, it's Kris, I'm sorry to disturb you on your time off, it's just to tell you that It's okay, Michael is feeling better and he doesn't blame you" I said in a calm tone. "Oh yeah, well that's great news, what did he had?" he asked with concern. "He just felt a lot dizzy and had a good sleep to get better, and he's fully recovered" I said reassuring him. "Okay that's perfect, and I truly want you to know that I am sorry" he said. "Yeah, I am sorry too I may have been out of line but still doesn't excuse what you did" I said. "Yeah I know" he said in a small voice. "But anyway, let's make it clear he's better now, I hope this won't happen again" I said, giving him a second chance. "Yeah I promise" he said in a lighter tone. "All right, have some rest and see you tomorrow" I said with a smile. "Thanks see ya Kris" he said then hung up.

 Suddenly a knock echoed through the door, "Come in" I said. The door opened and it was Harry. "Your assistant will come back today or not?" he said, closing the door behind him. "No, he's resting for the rest of the day" I said. "You want to ask him something?" I asked, curiously. "Yes actually, to see if I can get something for the case" he explained. "I see, he'll be back tomorrow at 8 am" I informed him. "All right thanks" he said. "I'll leave you to your work then" he said with a smile and went back with George.