Chapter 15 : Shitty day

"Hey Michael" I said softly. "Why is my silver shirt I spent 100 thousand dollars on is missing? May I add that It's especially for tonight's show" he said sternly. "I didn't go to the cleaners yesterday?" I asked, scratching the back of my head. "No, you were with George doing whatever you were doing, so what do we do now, huh?" he asked, raising his voice. "Shoot! Look Mike, I.. I am so sorry, I'll go pick it up and make arrangements for you to have it this afternoon all right, I'll pay for everything" I said reassuringly, but inside I started to get nervous as hell. "Yeah well I hardly doubt I can receive it in the afternoon, move your ass" he said sarcastically, clicking his tongue, then hung up. "Shit" I said, throwing the phone against my desk.

"Sacha, look George won't be here for a couple of days, I forgot to tell you that earlier, and I have to go it's urgent but I promise I'll be here soon" I said in a hurry and drove off to the cleaners. "Hello, I am Michael Jackson's personal assistant, I came to pick up a silk silver shirt" I said with a small smile. "Oh yes it has been brought two days ago right?" The worker said in a lovely tone. "Yes that's it" I said kindly. "Okay, I'll be back in a moment" he said then went on the back.

 Minutes later he came back with the shirt and a black special cover for shirts that hung on a hunger, he put the shirt clean and perfect in the cover. "Here you go all fresh and clean" he said with a charming smile handing it to me. "Thank you very much" I said, taking it with a smile. "You're welcome, feel free to drop clothes anytime" he said in a flirty tone with a wink and bit his lower lip checking me out. He wasn't bad looking tho, he had light brown hair falling on his nape in a mullet cut, thin facial features, deep blue eyes and a silver single pending  earring. But I didn't like flirty guys, it makes me feel uncomfortable. 

"Uh sure" I said, feeling uneasy, then went to my car and drove to the post office we usually worked with, it was the fastest of all the country. "Hi, could you send this shirt to this address, it must arrive there before 5 pm please, it's urgent" I said desperately, giving the cashier the piece of paper where I wrote where Michael was, it was a prestigious hotel in Wembley. "All right we'll do our best but I can't promise 5 on the dot" said the cashier with a sight when she saw the address which was in England. "Please can you try, it's extremly urgent" I pleaded kindly and gave her some extra cash. "We'll try Madam, I promise, do you have a phone number where we can reach you?" she asked with a warm smile. "Yes, can I have a piece of paper to write it down?" I asked. "Sure, here" she said, giving me a paper sheet she ripped off from her small pad and a pen. I wrote it down, and handed it back to her. "I'll contact you as soon as it will be arrived, all right?" she said with a smile. "Yes thank you ma'am" I said then went to my car and drove off to Neverland ranch.

As soon as I entered I saw everybody calmly doing their job, I was boiling inside. I went to my office and Sacha came, as I was about to open the door. "In about a quarter, could you come and help me with the bedrooms, please?" she asked kindly. "Yes of course, I need to call Michael and I will come" I said with a smile. "Go ahead" she said nicely. I walked in my office and dial the phone number of the theater room Michael was in. "Hello?" I heard Kyle pick up. "Hey Kyle, it's Kris, is Michael on a break or something?" I asked, rubbing my forehead. "Yes he's taking a small break, I'll call him for you" he said.

 "What?" asked Michael, a few seconds later, he was still pissed. "I got your shirt sent, it should be there around 5 pm" I said in a low voice. "You took your time... You went to search for it at your place or what?" he asked sarcastically. "What ? no at the cleaner's" I said in an annoyed tone. I have to admit that he went almost like paranoid after the 'Joshua thing' he questioned everyone and lost trust in everyone. "Yeah, for a shirt like this, you'll think I'm gonna buy a lie like this?" he asked coldly. "Woa, wait, you don't think I stole it, do you?" I asked, outraged. "Maybe, what proves you didn't?" he said in a dark tone. "What for Michael? I don't even fit in your clothes" I said, rolling my eyes annoyingly. "I don't know, maybe you wanted to give it to your boyfriend" he said suspiciously. "Oh come on Michael, don't be ridiculous, you know me I'll never do such things, plus you're my best friend so what would the use anyway?" I said attempting to settle down the siatuation. "Yeah anyway, I'll call you when I'll get it" he said, with an annoyed sigh. "Fine" I said coldly, then hung up. I sighed while getting up and went to find Sacha to help her.

After helping Sacha, I had to do George's duties until 5 pm, more like until Michael calls. I spent my afternoon checking every detail in the house, making sure everything was clean and perfect, I checked with chef Jeffrey the food stock, but it was already done. I checked my watch and it was 4.45 pm. I made sure anybody needed me before I went to my office and waited by my desk, tapping my nails against my desk. 4.56 pm, jeesh, time flows slowly it stresses me even more, and thinking about it the post office didn't call, weird. The phone suddenly rang, making me jump on my chair, I took a deep breath and answered. 

"Hello?" I answered softly. "Hi, Miss Stevenson" asked an aged female voice. "Yes it's me" I said sitting correctly on my chair. "I'm the post office's cashier, we saw each other this morning, it's to tell you that the package just arrived at the address you requested" she said kindly. "Thank you so much" I said then hung up. I sigh in relief. I still had to wait for Michael's call. Bingo, here it was, the phone rang and I immediately picked up, againg.

 "Hello?" I answered kindly. "I've received the shirt and are you sure it even has been at the cleaners? because the shirt is a little crumple at the bottom" he said sarcastically. "Yes Michael it has been to the cleaners, look it was perfect when I picked it and I was extremely careful when I took it at the post office, I may have forgotten it yesterday and I am sorry about it okay, but I promise you I did all I could so you can have it before the show and clean, listen, you have a room service in the hotel you're in right?" I asked, desperately trying to find a solution. "Yeah maybe" he said, clicking his tongue. "You can ask them to iron it so it could be perfect before the show" I said, staying calm. "No save it, I bought another one this morning" he said arrogantly. "That's not fair Michael" I said, feeling like I've been taken for a fool. "So you stole my shirt and thought I won't notice it, well bravo, you failed" he said simply, as I heard him applause. "Oh Michael, please, I know that it has been hard for you because of Joshua but don't be childish accusing me of betraying you, this is ironic" I said with a deep sigh, it started to piss me off. "Yeah but maybe you decided to turn yourself against up me" he said with a chuckle but it was sarcastic. "Okay and now you're being paranoid" I said rolling my eyes, scoffing.

"You know what, you're suspended until I come back" said Michael in an emotionless tone. "What? that's ridiculous, that's months until you come back" I said, this is preposterous. "I don't care, George will do your job, now pack your stuff and go home" he said then hung up. I put the phone back in place and took my head between my hands, taking a deep breath. I took my belongings, told Sacha I was suspended and drove off at Tom's. I called George explaining him the situation and turned the tv on as I layed on the couch, eating potato chips and since I was too tense up, it will be my only meal. I don't blame him though I made a mistake, and also he's too freaked out because of the incident a few months ago, but why is he having doubts about me? I helped Tom and Harry for Joshua to be discovered, I stood up anytime he needed, I just don't get it.