Chapter 33 : The D-Day

As the tradition wanted, The bride and the groom had to sleep separately the night before the wedding, so Tom was sleeping at his mom’s and I was sleeping at my parents’. “Aren’t you gonna miss me tonight?” I asked sneakily, as he parked in front of my parents house. “No” he lied, keeping a straight face. “But I know you’re going to” he said, with a smirk, while he locked the car. “Not even a bit, I have a teddy bear to hug” I said, sticking out my tongue. “You don’t even have a plush in your room” he said with an evil chuckle. “I’ve got Tarrant, duh” I said, making reference to my dog, rolling my eyes playfully,  then knocked on the door. 

A few seconds later, the door opened and Tarrant, my big Saint Bernard of two years old jumped on me, it’s two front paws on my shoulders , almost making me fall. “Hey buddy” I said, scratching his belly. “See, I told you” I said sneakily to Tom who just rolled his eyes, and greeted my mom. “Hey mom” I then embraced her. “Hey darling, come on in” she said happily, as we stepped in. “Hey dad, Hey Robin” I said, embracing the both of them. “Kris” said Tom, as he let out a desperate sigh. “What?” I asked, looking at him. “Don’t tell me you forgot your bag in the car?” he asked. “I might have” I said, scratching the back of my head. “Jesus Christ” he said, face palming himself. “I’ll take it” he said, then walked to the car.

“Not too stressed ?” asked my mom to bring me a homemade chamomile infusion. “Thanks mom, not for the moment, I don’t realize I’m getting married tomorrow” I said with a chuckle, and took a sip of the infusion. “It’s normal, you know when we got married with your dad, I realized I was married when we were in the bridal room, about to.. well you know” She explained with a smile. I almost choked on my tea. “Y..yeah” I strutted.

“Here you go” said Tom coming back, depositing my bag on the table. “You want something to drink, dear ?” asked my mom to Tom. “No thank you Sarah, my mom is waiting for me. I should go, See you tomorrow” said Tom with a smile. “Wait, I'll walk you to the car” I said, getting up from the sofa and giving my cup to my brother.

I walked with him to the car and hugged him tight, so did he. “Just one night and we’ll be united together, always” he said softly. “I can’t wait to be Mrs Hanson” I said, inhaling his cologne. “Me too” He said, resting his forehead against mine, I could feel his hot breath on my face, sending shivers inside of me. “Get inside, it’s getting cold” He said softly, not really deciding to let go. “Okay, sleep well, I love you” I said pecking his lips. “I love you too” He said letting go of me, slowly. I smiled and walked to the house. On my way, I saw my parents and Robin looking through the window, making me roll my eyes playfully. 

After Tom left, we played board games, took a shower and it was time to sleep. “Comme Tarrant, good boy” I said as my dog climbed up on the bed and layed next to me. “Good night my love, I’ll wake you up around 7 oclock tomorrow morning” My mom said, before switching the lights off. “Okay mommy, good night” I said and layed down comfortably.

“Kris, wake up baby it’s 7” Said my mom softly, opening the blinds. “Hey mom” I sleepily and hugged Tarrant. “Breakfast is ready, I’ll wait for you downstairs” She said with a smile. “Okay” I said, smiling back at her. I got up and put my bathrobe on. “Come on buddy, get down off the bed, we’re going to eat” I said, and at the word 'eat' , he jumped out of bed, barking. 

“Here is for you, chocolate pancakes, with chocolate syrup and blueberries” she said, putting the plate in front of me. “Thanks mom” I said happily and started eating. After eating I took a shower and wore a simple dress. “Are you ready Kris ?” Asked my dad, with a wide smile. “Yeah” I said as I went down the stairs. “Robin, get your asses down! You don’t want to get your sister late” shouted my dad. “Yes yes, I am ready dad” he said, ready but half asleep, making me chuckle.