Chapter 30: Compassion Flower

Two days after New Years

Yachi woke up to the sound of her phone sounding. She rubbed her tired eyes and unlocked her phone. As her eyes got used to the light in her room she squinted to read the notification

Hitoka-chan could you meet me at the school gym for some final checks on our equipment?

Yachi moaned still waking up but thought about the response

Why do we need to do final check on our equipment??

Takeda Sensei asked us to. Just to make sure we have everything ready for the trip the following day. Such as our banner, volleyballs, alternate jerseys, etc.

I mean sure if we're doing it just to be safe I can meet you there to help.

Thank you so much, I just wanted to make sure everything was good, so I thought how you would handle things

Wow you thought of what I would do? I'm really honored

No problem, I'll see you soon we won't be there long.

Yachi got up from bed and got ready for the day, she put on her club wear and zipped up her club jacket as she made her way to the coat rack

"Hitoka do you have practice today?"

"No but Shimizu-senpai asked if I can help her do final inventory."

"I guess that makes sense. What time do you expect to be home?"

"It shouldn't take long, I should be home by the afternoon."

"Alright all the best!"

Yachi waved as she left the apartment and took the bus to the bus stop near the school. As the bus approached the stop she saw through the window Shimizu waiting patiently.

"Shimizu-senpai hello!"

"Hitoka-chan how are you?"

"I'm alright. How was your New Years?"

"It was good, I went to the New Years shrine with the other third years how about you?"

"I went with my mom. And I just did some poster edits."

"I see. Well, let's get to the gym and finish quickly?"

"Sure thing."

As they walked to the gym Shimizu held a smile on her face that would fluster the hearts of any who were to look upon it.

"Shimizu-senpai what's got you so happy?"

"Hmm? Oh nothing in particular." As they continued walking Shimizu turned her head to Yachi "By the way how are you and Hinata?"

Yachi sighed and pouted a bit "Well he talks to me, but just friendly chats, he texted me wishing me a happy new year. Nothing really changed... I feel as though it will never be the same."

"Honestly I believe you're right, things probably won't be the same as before."

Yachi felt her eyes become heavy as her tear ducts began to feel full, before she she could shed a tear Shimizu held her shoulder and put a red flower in Yachi's field of view.

"What's this for?" She asked curiously as she held the beautiful flower in bloom

Shimizu led Yachi further down the path leading to the gym when they saw Tanaka and Nishinoya waiting each holding the same flower as before.

"Here you go Yachi-San!" Nishinoya said thrusting the flower into her hand. As she accepted the flowers she walked further down in more confusion as the other three second years handed the same red flower to her each smiling but not saying a word, as she walked further down getting closer to the gym the third years appeared with red flowers to give to her, as she became more confused she also became happy and asked Sugawara what was going on. When she asked he teared up and merely said "Just go find out!"