Chapter 15: Warming Up

As Karasuno makes their way to the stadium from the bus Ushijima stood at the entrance standing menacingly and tall in his purple and white club jacket. The team stopped in their tracks and glared at him, the intimidation this one person could have on an entire group was so much different from Oikawa. Yachi trembled in place while Shimizu stared daggers at Ushijima the "super ace." Yet without hesitation Hinata and Kageyama walked forward to face the brown haired brute. Their spirits unshaken from his look and track record of victories they stood mere inches away from someone called the "great eagle."

"Shoyo Hinata, Tobio Kageyama." He said in his deep voice

"We made it to the finals." Kageyama said

"We, who grew from the concrete, will beat you and go to nationals!" Hinata said with utmost seriousness in his voice. The team looked toward their young middle blocker as a beacon. They fixed themselves and stood tall ready to fight. In this moment Hinata was like a shining light leading the way in the dark caused by the great eagle's large wings.

"Hmph, I look forward to it. Let's meet on the court." Ushijima said as he turned and walked back into the stadium

"Damn it I wanna hurry up and fight him"

While Hinata and Kageyama's eyes followed Ushijima as he walked through the lobby doors, Daichi looked at the two first years with the utmost pride, that although he was the third year captain, he looked to them as leaders he could follow and smiled.

"All right! We're gonna make it to the Spring Tournament no matter what!"

"Yeah!"

As the team continued to walk toward the lobby doors Michimiya Yui ran toward them calling Daichi's name

"Michimiya! You really came!"

"Wow you really going to play in the finals! It's amazing it's... insane " Michimiya said

A flustered Michimiya handed Daichi her good homemade luck charm while blushing, Daichi waved and walked with his team into the stadium with Sugawara slapping Daichi on the back and teasing him about Michimiya. Meanwhile onlookers watched as Karasuno walked the halls wondering how this team rose from the title "fallen champions." To the people on the outside Karasuno weren't the crows anymore, they were the Phoenixes who rose from the ashes of their years of shame and humiliation. This was a match worth watching. Hinata breathed in the air as it the aroma was an athlete's paradise. He looked behind him and saw his dear Yachi trembling in intimidation at all the judging eyes on the team, and on her and Shimizu as the two pretty managers that Karasuno was lucky to possess. Hinata felt a sense of déjà vu, that one day during lunch when people watched him and her from the windows, he smiled and slowed his walking pace till he was next to Yachi and firmly grasped her hand chasing her to jump, she saw Hinata and he smiled, he looked to the ceiling and shouted "you guys are looking at the team going to nationals this year! That's why you're all looking huh?"

Yachi's eyes lit up as she turned her attention to what's in front of her, she straightened her back and gripped Hinata's hand as they continued to walk to the center court to begin warmups. Shimizu looked at the two with a heartwarming smile causing Tanaka and Nishinoya to sense Shimizu's positivity from afar and melt with lovestruck eyes.

Today was destined to be intense indeed, but how could anyone expect the intensity to corrupt Hinata's positive attitude? No matter how dark the forecast may seem the sun has a way of shining through.

— —
— —

Karasuno vs Shiratorizawa Official Warmups

— —
— —