Chapter 40: Anticipation

Karasuno vs Inarizaki Final Set Match Point

As the team caught their breaths, the final attack commenced. Kageyama got under the ball and the team ran toward the net at full speed

SYNCHRO ATTACK

Kageyama launched the ball toward Tanaka who focused what strength was left in him

Come at us from wherever... it don't matter! We ain't gonna let you pass!

Inarizaki's block stopped the ball as it hurtled toward the floor, Kageyama dropped to his knees and got a hand under to keep the rally going, he sent it floating outside the court where Tsukishima used the last bit of stamina he had to dive forward and save it, his hand slipped and he growled in anger Come on! Don't you dare fall on me! He shouted in his head, quickly Daichi dove beside him and sent the ball over the net saving Tsukishima and the rally.

"FRONT FRONT!"

Akagi dug the ball and sent the ball to Atsumu. The blond twin smirked as his course of action was unreadable by Karasuno. All of Inarizaki prepared to move as Karasuno tried to determine who they needed to stop from spiking. Hinata watched Atsumu and reflected on the entire match as it played through his entire head as if each rally that had transpired was a page in a flip book as he knew what was going to happen.

"KAGEYAMA!" Hinata shouted hoarsely "ON ME!"

"YEAH I SEE IT!" He replied as he ran to help Hinata

Just so you know Kageyama... it was worth it. He thought bending his knees ready to jump

"NOW!" Hinata and Kageyama shouted together jumping straight up

TWINS MINUS TEMPO QUICK... BACK

Atsumu shot the ball to Osamu who was mid swing, the ball connected with the grey haired twin's palm as he used all his power in the swing. Osamu blinked and gasped upon seeing the first year duo on the other side of the net with their arms outstretched over their heads and saw the ball flying toward Inarizaki's own end line. As Akagi and Ginjima frantically ran to save the ball they were two steps too late. Gravity had chosen what team they'd side with today and that team was Karasuno. The ball dropped to the floor and rolled away. The players heard sound of the line man flipping his flag down and the whistle's blow that closely followed and the sound of the roaring crowd going ballistic over the end of the match. The second best team in the country had been beaten by those who were once called the Fallen Champions.

Yachi cried her heart out in joy from the sidelines as the team piled on the first year duo who once again secured the win

Yachi cried her heart out in joy from the sidelines as the team piled on the first year duo who once again secured the win. She reached out for Hinata and sobbed her eyes out Shoyo! Shoyo! She called internally

Hinata felt a chill up his spine and heard a cute voice echo his name. He smiled as he walked alongside the net. "Like you said... it's not over... not until we say it is." He said aloud softly