Chapter 45: Contending for Titles

After the team woke up their bodies through warmups in the sub court, their pregame meeting begun and the high level of intensity which became the new normal level was felt as they reviewed a team nationally renowned for their blocking, simply put, Kamomedai was an elite level wall that was stronger than the Iron Wall of Date Tech.

"Okay! Sawamura! Pep talk time!" Ukai requested

"All right gentlemen,you may not have noticed but... we are one of the top 8 teams in the nation." Daichi said in a serious tone while everyone sat in realization. "The top eight, we've come a long way..."

"And we've got a long way to go!" Sugawara added

"And you know what? It's rough! A quarterfinal game right after that Nekoma game? Are you kidding me? I'm tired thanks!... Day three is Hell Day. Make it through this day, and we reach the semifinals. The semifinals are played on center court! So let's get our win and eat something good for dinner!" Daichi shouted causing everyone to cheer.

After Hinata explained the function of Kageyama's volleyball journal to Shimizu and Yachi, pregame warmup time quickly arrived and Hinata was acting completely normal... at least what most people thought, inside he was bothered and Yachi could tell.

As Hinata did his warmup stretches Yachi decided to inquire on Hinata's wellbeing. She looked at him wearing his alternate jersey for the second time "There he is again...my sweet human tangerine!"

"Human... tangerine?" He asked making his way down to the floor to stretch his legs

"Please don't make me explain it again." She said with a groan "just say 'okay' and we can make that nickname a cute thing I call you!"

"Oh... um... Okay?"

"Yay!" She squealed happily "Do you need help stretching?" She asked

Hinata spread his legs and leaned forward "Actually yeah sure... could you like put your knee into my back and push me forward? I really need to stretch as far as I can."

"Sure." She said as she did as he asked, she put all her weight into helping Hinata stretch. He groaned as his muscles were stretching as far as they could

"Shoyo, can I ask you something?" Yachi asked as continued to help him stretch

"Yeah what's up?"

"Earlier when that other player with the white hair talked to you... you seemed off."

"What do you mean?"

"Well you weren't like... spunky in your reply to that boy's challenge."

"Oh... yeah no I'm fine, don't worry." He said unconvincingly

"Come on... what really bothered me earlier is what you said to Kageyama-kun after... about playing against a real Tiny Giant?"

"Yeah?"

Yachi sighed and grumbled "well it's... its... it's..."

"What?" Hinata asked dumbfounded "it's what?"

Yachi felt a wave of frustration come over her as her voice was raised unintentionally "It's bullshit!" She shouted shocking everyone around her

"Dude... Yachi just swore!" Tanaka said nudging Sugawara

"That's your fault!" Daichi whispered behind Tanaka

"How is that my fault?" Tanaka protested

"Hinata doesn't swear! You do!" Sugawara replied