Chapter 13: The Absolute Limit Switch

"Hitoka-Chan, could you help out with the warmups while I make sure our equipment are accounted for?"

"Sure I can do that." Yachi said saluting.

As she stood by the end lines of the court picking up stray volleyballs and passing them back to the team she felt the other team's eyes on Karasuno. She shivered at the cold stares, these team two teams had true baggage against each other, and as much as the tournament has always been an elimination format of only one team allowed to win, this match was destined to be kill or be killed.

"Excuse me..." a voice called out as a boy from Seijoh came running over with a smoulder "could you... get that for me?" He asked as he waved and tried to charm her. As Hinata rallied with Tanaka he noticed Yahaba running toward her with a smile and frowned instantly knowing what the second year setter was trying to pull, the fact that Hinata could decipher that ploy showed how clear and stupid Yahaba was.

"What's up?-" Tanaka said turning around and immediately piecing things together "heh, I'll take care of it." He said with a soft chuckle and cracked his knuckles walking toward Yachi. At that moment Hanamaki flubbed a receive and had the ball ricochet straight toward Yachi's face, to which Shimizu jumped in with quick reflexes to block the ball with her arm. Her appearance was as if it were defensive instincts toward a sister kicked in. Her presence would usually have all the boys swoon, but this time her sudden appearance left all the boys shaking in their court shoes.

Yahaba stood there speechless as Tanaka picked up his ball and shoved it into his hands "here you go..." Tanaka said with a grim tone and bore his teeth like fangs.

"Uh thank you.." Yahaba said with a shaky tone as he unsteadily walked back to his side.

"Shimizu-senpai?" Yachi asked with a confused look as she saw Shimizu's eyes following Yahaba back to his side with a scowl

"Oh it's nothing don't worry Hitoka-chan." Shimizu said shaking the arm that blocked the stray shot as she walked away to go back to her task. Tanaka walked over to Shimizu

"Wow Kiyoko-San you beat me to it, I was gonna help our first year manager too." Tanaka said scratching his head blushing

"I saw that boy coming from a mile away... besides I'm too quick you wouldn't have caught up with me if you tried." Shimizu said softly smiling as she flicked the dust from her fingers walking

Tanaka stopped dead in his tracks with his cheeks red like a tomato "...please marry me..." he said with the most serious tone

"Sigh...No... just continue practicing ok?" She said once again causing Tanaka to nod his head frantically

Tanaka sighed and walked back over to Hinata
"Kiyoko-San is something special... heh heh sorry I didn't get there in time, I bet I could've scared that bastard so much he wouldn't try it again."

"No don't worry about it Tanaka-San, besides it's really cool of you to have gone to help without asking." Hinata said holding the volleyball with a smile

"Hahaha I am the greatest senpai aren't I kohai?" Tanaka said holding his head high

"Yes sir!" Hinata said jumping up with Tanaka laughing louder only to be yelled at by Daichi for not practicing.

"Alright! Get ready! we're receiving first!" Daichi said.

As Yachi is about to exit the gym to take her seat in the stands Hinata runs over and grabs her hand "Hito- Uhm ...Yachi-San" Hinata said avoiding the eyes and smirks of his team out of embarrassment "I'm sorry I haven't been spending as much time with you this week... this tournament is just..."