Chapter 31: Ceremonial Nerves

As the team got back into the inn after their practice, their nerves were still unsettled. It was the first nationals tournament for everyone on the team. Yachi was no exception, her anxiety made her whole body tremble, she walked to the balcony and breathed the city air as she watched the night sky. She leaned against the railing of the balcony but jumped back as she felt the frigid cold of the metal bar, then she realized she wasn't just shaking in anxious fear, but also the city cold. She held herself to try and warm up but her petite body could only have so much warmth.

"Hitoka are you ok?" Hinata asked Yachi as he opened the door and joined her outside

"Oh Shoyo hi!" Yachi said shivering

"Are you nervous or cold?" He asked laughing

"A little bit of both? On one hand my anxiety for tomorrow freaks me out so much... I mean... nationals! So huge! It's just so intense! And on the other hand the city in the winter is freezing!"

"Yeah... it's pretty cold. Let me help." Said Hinata as he hugged her softly from behind and held her tightly snuggling her and warming her up. He rested the side of his head on hers and sighed "Hi." He said softly

"Hi." She said smiling "You know, you really go all out for me."

"It's who I am." He said "I either go all out or I don't go anywhere at all."

"I really need to repay you for all the nice things you've done for me."

"You know... I don't think you need to do that really."

"Well I barely do anything as nice as you do, I cooked you dinner and I think that's about it."

"You're with me and that's like more than enough." Hinata said in reassurance as he kissed the side of her hair

"You're so sweet." She said blushing as she snuggled into him

Still she thought Shimizu Senpai said it takes two people to make it work. What have I done that makes it work?

"I'd say the stars are nice out tonight but I don't even see anything besides the lights from the airplanes." Hinata said

"Well yeah because we're in the city, all the lights kind of drown out the stars."

"Oh. That sucks, but still cool." He said

As they breathed in the cold air and exhaled their breath clouds, Yachi's nerves had calmed down, once again Hinata's positive attitude had been the cure to her anxiety.

"Sorry to interrupt you two... but Coach is calling the team in." Daichi said softly "besides neither of you have jackets on, I don't want either of you to get sick."

"Ok we'll be right in." Yachi said chuckling nervously "Captain is right we shouldn't be out here too long as nice as it is."

"Yeah I guess I should go see what's up. I'll see you in a bit." Hinata said as he kissed her quickly and walked back in. Ukai called the team in and unveiled the special Karasuno highlight reel made by Takinoue for the price of beer provided by Ukai. Everyone had their spirits livened for the most part as they got ready for the evening.

"Kageyama?! Where are you going?" Ennoshita said as he shockingly noticed Kageyama in activewear getting ready to leave

"I'm going for a jog." He said innocently

"I haven't moved around enough today, so I'm gonna go too!" Hinata said as he ran down the stairs

"No seriously! You two can't go! It's the wastelands of Tokyo out there!"