Chapter 11: A Murder of Crows

As the team cheered for their victory against Wakunan, Yachi's cheers were not as vocal as they usually were, a mere smile and sigh of relief. The team ran toward Daichi and Yachi to celebrate the resurrection of their captain. As Daichi got his teammates in line the team moved upstairs toward the stands to eat, rest, and watch the match that determines their next opponent. As the team walk up the stairs the first years group up and walk up together bickering and poking fun at each other, yet Yamaguchi's eyes were gloomy.
"I need to use the washroom... don't wait for me!" The green haired boy exclaimed as he ran down the stairs

"Man Yamaguchi really psychs himself up before he goes to the bathroom." Hinata said

"He must need to take a shit." Kageyama stated bluntly

"So vulgar Kageyama! Say poop!"

"Shit"

"Poop!"

"Shit!"

As the two argued Tsukishima continued up the stairs "he's not going to the washroom you idiots."

Yachi felt the gloom off Yamaguchi even as he was far away from the stairwell. Kageyama walked up the stairs with a single thought on his mind: food, leaving Hinata and Yachi to walk up together

"Hitoka! Did you see my last spike there?! It went like whoosh then phoom then bam! Did you see?"

"Huh? Oh Yeah I saw it was amazing Shoyo!" Yachi said smiling. Her smile quickly faded as she saw Hinata's head look down at his feet

"But their captain, he was more like the Little Giant than I was. Even Kageyama said so. His playing style was just like him too."

"What was the Little Giant's playing style like exactly?"

"He used to spike by aiming off the blockers hands for blockout points." Hinata said swinging his arms in the air like he was spiking, as he showed his usual spiking form he curved his wrist to demonstrate the complexity of hitting a blockout "ever since I saw him on TV, I wanted to be like him, I wanted to be the new Tiny Giant. That's why I was so happy to wear the number 10 jersey like he did."

Yachi tilted her head with a puzzled look and gave a smile "you know, for someone to be called the Tiny Giant they have to be tiny, or you know...small? Wakunan's captain wasn't exactly short, he just had a similar playing style but that's about it. The tiny giant is someone who despite their shortness... can still achieve high goals. Isn't that what you do every single time you step onto the court?"

Hinata's eyes beamed with realization and let out a big gasp "ohhhh yeah! I do do that!"

"Um yes.... So by definition, you are the tiny giant in Miyagi. At least to me you are." Yachi said twirling her little side ponytail.

"I wish cool people would call me that too instead of the 'shorty'." Hinata said, his statement was a statement to dote on himself but to Yachi's ears it felt as if her views didn't matter to him as much, causing her to grow pale. "Yachi... are you ok? You look... off." Hinata asked

Yachi's mouth quivered and somehow she could tell a lie "no I'm fine I just... remembered you have another match soon against another strong team, it's either Date Tech or Aoba Johsai... right?"

Hinata's attention turned to the direction of Court C where his next challengers would be determined "oh yeah! Oh man i wonder who's gonna win! I hope Date Tech wins kinda because I told Aone-san that I'd be the one to get through his blocks... but I also want Seijoh to win cuz I want to beat the Great King... well whoever wins, it's gonna be a fun game! I'm gonna go watch, you coming?"