Chapter 46: Even Titans Fall

Shoyo? Get up... what's going on with you? Yachi thought in concern

"Hinata... you're running a fever aren't you?..."

"...I can still fly!"

"I'm sorry... right now... I cannot in good conscience allow you back out on that court."

Please... I can still fight... don't do this to me... I can't....

"You are... and you always will be...small."

No...

Hinata...

Poor kid...

Not him...

I should've done something...

Shoyo...

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry.... everyone!"

Yachi ran to meet Hinata and take him to Shimada to drive him to the medical centre

Stay calm just stay calm... she thought as she hurried

As Hinata left the gym he heard Daichi shout as loud as he could "KARASUNO FIGHT!"

The whole stadium roared in support

"They're doing it for you Shoyo" Yachi said reassuringly

Hinata's tears streamed down his face "They shouldn't."

Hinata got changed and Kenma lent him a tablet to watch the game as he left for the medical centre in Shimada's van. Yachi held Hinata's arm tightly in support for both him and her. They made their way to the centre and sat in the waiting area as Hinata watched intently on the game

"Come on..." he said wearily "Please win... I need to come back..."

And just like that he saw the livestream on the tablet screen and nearly dropped to the floor as the last of his strength disappeared, Karasuno's season had ended.

"Shoyo!" Yachi screamed in worry as she grabbed his arm and helped him up. "Are you ok? Talk to me!"

Hinata said nothing. He would say nothing for the rest of the time in the hospital unless it was the doctor. He wobbled back to the bus, silent, deadpan, emotionless, his eyes a pale brown colour instead of his gleaming hazel eyes.

He returned to the hotel and walked straight to his room with Yachi's help

"Sho-"

"I... can't..." Hinata said tiredly "I... can't hear anything anyone has to say... I already know it's my fault." He said as he closed the door behind him and went to bed.

Hinata would begin to feel worse than his fever as he was quarantined to his own room and had to schedule a separate time take a bath, and anytime someone would be anywhere near him they'd wear a mask. Hinata felt something eating at him the entire time. His fever was nothing compared to the feeling of not being good enough.

The school paid for the inn for the entirety of the national tournament so the team would stay a few more days to watch the rest of the tournament and support their friends in Fukurodani. Hinata sadly could not come with them to the stadium due to his fever. Instead he stayed in his room isolated from everyone else watching the tournament from the tv. The boys would often check in on Hinata and give him food and water, their expressions showing support and empathy as they continuously told Hinata to get better and that he did his best.

"You did your best!"

"You're amazing! Hinata!"

"We're proud of you!"

"Get better Hinata!"

These words, these genuine expressions of pride and consolation, they made him feel worse, like he failed them all. Every moment he was alone in his isolated room he cried, and when he didn't have tears left to cry he wallowed in grief. The weight of the loss to Kamomedai crushed him, and the fact that he wasn't even there for the final moments made the weight heavier as if he was being pushed down further into the ground. Simply put, a black hole was beginning to consume the sun.

 Simply put, a black hole was beginning to consume the sun