back to work

Ben was walking through the plumber base on his way to meet the justice league leaders. It was Ben's first day back on the job. Right now he was trying to be brought up to speed on the situation. Charmcaster and Crush followed ben. The others were off doig other stuff. Kara, Carol, and Caitlin were with the other justice league members. Looma was training with Lar'ja as both were trained warriors. Walking into a big conference room ben found the big seven of the justice league, his grandpa max, gwen and kevin all together.

"Alright. What did i miss?" Ben asked as he joined them.

"A little bit. So Lobo hasnt made his presence know until new years. He destroyed a small town in california. But afterwards he disappeared again." Max said. Crush looked up.

"He destroyed a small town in california? Where?" Crush asked.

"In the middle of nowhere. A town that just sits in the middle of the mojave desert. A place called needles." Kevin said. Crush seemed to grow angrier.

"My question is what was Lobo doing their? Why that settlement?" Lantern asked.

"Because thats where i used to live." Crush said. Everyone looked at her. "Thats where i lived. It was small town. Not enough people to really be noticed by the outside world. Easy place to hide."

"Ok. Well if he was looking for xiomara we dont know if he got a clue to here current whereabouts now. At the very least he knows she is with the justice league. So he might go to the hall of justice. Either way ben your gonna need watch ms. Rojas closely. You go everywhere with her. If Lobo is going after her she is our best bet to find him." Max said. Everyone nodded before the meeting continued.

***

After the meeting everyone went their seperate ways to try and find lobo while also making arrangements to make sure they were well prepared. Ben walked out with crush and charmcaster. Ben then turned to crush.

"Is there anything else we need to know. Anything lobo might use against you, anything he might be after besides just you, anything at all?" Ben said. She looked straight at him.

"No." She said. Ben then nodded.

"Alright then. We will start prepping for Lobo. Your gonna need your own badge. It comes with a communications system and.... i know you're not gonna like this but a tracking system." Ben said. Crush frowned but didnt argue. Ben then led crush and charmcaster to retrieve their own plumber badges. After grabbing them took them to the training room for practice.

***

Charmcaster's hand slammed down on the ground as she tried to crawl to the bench. She was covered in sweat while wearing workout clothes. A tight shirt, and shorts. She was panting heavily. Behind her was crush who was also covered in sweat, but decided to lay down in the middle of the floor rather then waste energy crawling. Standing over crush was looma who didnt even appear to have broken a sweat. Ben sat on the bench off to the side and Lar'ja was standing against the wall in human form.

"You two arent even a challenge." She said.

"I wouldnt take either of them lightly. Both of them are powerhouses. Charmcaster was forbidden from using magic and it doesnt seem like Crush has fully unlocked her Czarnian power. She's strong, but not as strong as a czarnian her age should. Even if she is only half czarnian, she should still have all the power of a normal czarnian. Should actually have a whole lot more then that with who her father is." Ben said.