Daddy's home

Crush walked out of the door for the women's locker room of the plumber base. Having taken a shower after the brutal training she got from Hulka. She seemed really tired from the training. Walking away she saw Max Tennyson.

"Where's Ben?" Crush asked as she had expected him.

"He's off on an assignment i put him on. He'll be back soon." Max said.

"Well training is over for the day. I don't have anything else to do so im out." She said as she went to leave.

"Xiomara." Max called. She stopped and turned to him.

"Yes magister?" She asked clearly not interested.

"Just wanting to check up on you and make sure your ok." Max said.

"I'm doing fine sir." Crush replied. Max nodded.

"I understand you've been leaving your trainers apartment at night and going into undertown." Max said. Crush sighed as she knew she was caught. "You know your fathers after you. Yet you decide to risk everything every night? What if he found you while your out? You wouldn't be risking your life only, you know that." Max said.

"So what you expect me to just sit around, wait for him to show up and do nothing." Xiomara asked getting annoyed. "I was on my own before i'm fine on my own now." Crush said. She turned to walk away, but max grabbed her hand and stopped her.

"You and i both know that isn't true." Max said. Crush was quiet and didn't fight against him. Suddenly a loud explosion was heard. It sounded like it came from the other side of undertown, however it was heard clear as day from inside plumber HQ. Alarms rang throughout the base and people began running. Max pulled out his plumber badge and called someone at the security console in the main lobby. "What's going on?" Max asked. 

"There was an explosion at the undertown hospital. We don't know the situation exactly but we have plumbers on the way." They replied. Immediately Max turned to crush but she was gone.

"Shit." He said knowing she was running for the hospital.

***

Crush was running through undertown. Currently she was on a act first think later kick. The only thing running through her mind was getting to that hospital. As she ran she summoned a chain which seemed to come out from under her jacket and wrap around her arms and fists on its own. This was a special weapon Xiomara had ever since she could remember. She didn't know where it came from nor how it was made it was just... always there. 

As she continued to run people began to run in the opposite direction. Everyone was running and screaming in terror. She grew closer and closer to the hospital where the explosion happened. Reaching the hospital Crush began to look around. She started running along the side of the hospital, running towards the entrance where hospital staff were trying to get out as many patients as they could. Crush got into the hospital and began running through the place.  Eventually making it into a specific wing she slowed to a stop and began to look around frantically before finding the room she was looking for. She saw alien nurses and doctors moving in and out of the room. Crush quickly ran into the room.

"Mom!" She said seeing a human woman on a hospital bed. 

"Xi." Her mother replied. Crush turned to the doctors.

"What's happening? Why is she still here?" Crush asked.

"We were in the middle of administering her newest set of treatments for her condition when the explosion. We couldn't stop midway so we had to finish before we could begin moving her. However now that we're finished we can begin moving her." the alien doctor replied.