To the beginning... the very beginning

"Benjamin. What have you done?" Paradox said. Ben remained in his confused state.

"Professor paradox.... What happened? Where is everyone?" Ben asked. Paradox just looked at Ben with the same sad look he had.

"Benjamin, What do you think happens when you go nuclear on a planet." Paradox replied. Ben started shaking his head. The mental state of the ultimate form seemed to prevent Ben from accepting this.

"No. No. I wouldn't! NEVER!" Ben said. His head then had a splitting headache. He grabbed his head.

"You killed them Benjamin." Paradox said.

"Liar!" Ben roared as he threw his hand sending a wave of radioactive energy. However Paradox was gone in an instant. Reappearing behind Benjamin.

"You can't lie to yourself Benjamin. This is your fault." Paradox said with sadness in his voice.

"SHUT UP!" Ben roared as he turned around and shot a beam of energy this time. Once again, paradox disappeared before the attack made contact. Ben fell to the ground as the headache worsened. Ben was then on his knees with his head between his hands. Ben roared in pain.

"You know this to be true. Inside yourself you know that you caused this as well as the death's of everyone on this planet." Paradox replied. As Paradox said this, Ben knew he couldn't deny it. However that didn't stop his anger.

"YOU COULD HAVE STOPPED ME!!" Ben roared as he threw a punch that created a shockwave of energy. Just like the other times, he hit nothing.

"I could not. I was not allowed to interfere in the events. This had to happen Benjamin." Paradox said.

"NO IT DIDN'T!" ben yelled. This time he didn't attack as he knew it was futile. "FOR WHAT REASON WOULD EVERYONE HAVE TO DIE!? WHY!!?? WHAT IS SO IMPORTANT THAT YOU COULDN'T INTERFERE!? THAT'S SO IMPORTANT BILLIONS HAD TO DIE!!!???" Ben said obviously angry. Paradox was silent.

"You had to learn this lesson." Paradox said.

"WHAT LESSON!?" Ben yelled as he moved closer so that Ben's face was a foot away from Paradox's. Paradox shook his head sadly.

"A lesson on the power you hold." Paradox said. Ben became confused again. "You must learn to respect that power and understand the responsibility that comes along with that power." Ben began to shake in anger.

"THATS THE OH SO IMPORTANT REASON!? A LESSON I ALREADY KNOW!? I'VE UNDERSTOOD THE SERIOUSNESS OF MY POWER FROM THE BEGINNING!!!" ben roared. He bent down and slammed his fist on the ground. He caused a minor earthquake but nothing more.

"And yet we still ended up here didn't we?" Paradox responded. Ben stared at him for a second before he straightened and took a few steps back. Ben then looked at his hands. They were covered in dust from his surroundings. But at this new revolution it felt like his hands were covered in blood. Ben grabbed his head.

"No. NO!! ITS NOT MY FAULT!!!" Ben was glowing again.

"You used the power of the ultimatrix subroutine when you knew that it wasn't safe." Paradox said calmly. His voice had no signs of being accusing or angry, he was simply stating facts. Ben stomped on the ground and threw his hands out creating a small shockwave from his strength alone.

"I HAD NO CHOICE! I COULDNT STOP LOBO WITH NORMAL MEANS!!! ATOMIX WASNT ENOUHG!" Ben replied.

"There's always Alien X." Paradox replied.

"ALIEN X IS OFF LIMITS! ALIEN X HAS TOO MUCH POWER!!!" Ben argued.

"And this ultimate form doesn't?" Paradox continued to counter.

"I DIDNT KNOW WHAT THIS FORM WOULD BE!!! HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT ULTIMATE ATOMIX COULD CAUSE A NUCLEAR FALLOUT ACROSS THE ENTIRE PLANET IN A MATTER OF SECONDS!!!" Ben roared.

"Come now Ben. Atomix is already your second most powerful form. What were you thinking he'd do? Cause vegetation to grow faster?" Paradox replied rather sarcastic.

"NO! I DIDNT KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT! I HAD TO DO SOMETHING! HE HURT GRANDPA!!!!" Ben said as his ultimate form continued its mental breakdown.

"I know." Paradox said with a sad expression. Ben saw this and oddly it seemed to calm him down. Ben had seen him disappointed, grim, and unamused. But for Paradox to be sad. It was the first time he's ever seen him like this. "I'm sorry max was hurt Ben. I truly am. I know how important loved ones are. But Benjamin." Paradox paused. "Benjamin your destiny is far greater then you can ever imagine at this point in time. In the future you'll understand. But if you don't learn and grow in the proper way and at the proper time everything will be for nothing. There is no room for mistakes here ben. Everything must be done exactly as it should be. This is just one of many stops along your journey." Ben fell to his knees.

"But what happens now? There's nothing left for me here. Everyone is gone.... i killed them." Ben said looking at his hands. He then changed from ultimate atomix to atomix and back to his human form. "Are you going to send me back to before it happens? wouldn't that erase this from happening and erase the lesson?" Ben asked. Paradox smiled. 

"Oh come now Benjamin. You were always a smart boy, especially when it involves transtemporal metaphysics. No? Well you'll figure it out eventually. Now, come along dear boy we have much to do." Paradox said as he created a blue portal. Ben looked back around at the wasteland he had created himself. Ben took this moment to ingrain every single detail he could. For obvious reasons, ben felt that this was one lesson he should never forget. Ben wasn't sure how Paradox would fix this, but Ben knew he had to make sure he remembered everything from this very moment. He couldn't forget this. No matter what. 

Once he was done Ben faced forward to the portal and walked towards it before he entered. Paradox following soon after. 

"This is going to be quite fun." Paradox said with a smile. He then entered the portal and closed it after himself and Ben.

AUTHORS NOTE: Im sorry about the lack of updates for a long time. I'm just finding it hard to continue writing. It's not that i don't know what gonna happen next, but that i don't particularly enjoy the writing part. I'm sorry. I'm going to continue trying to work on this i promise. It's just a little hard to keep going on this story when my mind is constantly thinking of others because it's already completely planned this one out and is now bored of the story. I'm hoping to finish this book. Thank you for your patience and again, i am so sorry. 

Also sorry that this chapter was so short.