Chapter 1. I'm Probably Still In Shock

March 4, 2023. 1:30 AM.

I carefully grab all my stuff out of the Stark house, making sure that I don't wake anyone up.

"Friday, tell anyone where I am and what happened tonight and I'll delete you and replace you with an Alexa." I threaten quietly.

"You wouldn't dare." Friday says.

"I totally would."

"Please think this through, Alina." Friday pleads.

"Mute. Go ahead and unmute yourself when I leave." I say. I walk out of the front door and set my stuff next to a sleek black car.

Phase one is complete.

I carefully pick the lock and I'm rewarded with the driver's side door opening.

I hotwire the car and unlock the trunk and I shove all the things I don't need right next to me in the trunk.

I hop in the driver's seat and set my duffel bag in the passenger seat. It contains my phone, earbuds, a laptop, some snacks, a good $2,500 in cash, my new suit and batons, my guns, my lightsabers, my widow gauntlets, Tony's credit card, a change of clothes for me, a flash drive containing my private files as well as a copy of Eliza, a blanket, and a pillow. Mama taught me how to play Tetris. I put the car in drive and start driving away. I plug the flash drive in and the internal lights in the car glow my signature blue before turning back to normal.

"Play my mix, Liza." I smile and Boulevard of Broken Dreams starts playing.

"Where to?"

"Los Angeles, California." I reply.

I hop on a highway and follow Eliza's directions to LA.

Phase two is complete.

I make a stop in Cincinnati, Ohio to sleep for the night before I get back on the road.

March 5, 8:00 AM.

I hop into my car and drive to the nearest Starbucks. I order a venti coffee with as much espresso as they'll give me and I head to the Speedway across the street. I fuel the gas tank up and buy a energy drink and a bag of Chex Mix. I won't sleep for a week.

I take a small break to breathe. I end up walking around the gas station and right before I'm about to get back to my car, my phone dings.

Arrow Guy: Where are you?

Blueberry: out.

Arrow Guy: Does this have anything to do with yesterday and "reinventing myself"?

Blueberry: what do you want?

Arrow Guy: I want to know where the heck you are so I can calm the Starks. I also wanted to tell you that I'm going to Budapest to find Nat's will and I wanted to know if you were coming with me.

Blueberry: promise you won't tell anyone where i am?

Arrow Guy: What am I supposed to tell the Starks?

Blueberry: that i'm safe and i can handle myself.

Arrow Guy: Fine.

Blueberry: i'm currently in Ohio, and i'm just about to resume my trek to California.

Arrow Guy: Send me the address of your apartment. Tasha will obviously have something that she wants in your hands.

Blueberry: i'll text you later. can't text and drive!