Chapter 9. And They Were Roomates. Oh My Gosh, They Were Roomates!

June 14, 2023.

"Morning, sleepyhead." May says, walking into Peter's old room that's now mine. May's apartment is quite a bit closer to the airport, so I've been living with her for the past week, that way I don't have to get up as early.

"Ugh. It's 6:45, can't this wait?" I ask, still 3/4 of the way asleep.

"I'm waking you up now so you can pack and get a good breakfast before you leave." May says, opening the curtains. I wince at the sudden bright light and then I realize what day it is.

"I'M GOING TO EUROPE!!!" I grin, shooting up in bed.

"Yes you are! Now get dressed and get packed, you have to be to the airport by 8:30 if you wanna go to Europe." May says.

"Mind-"

"Putting on a pot of coffee? Not at all." May says, walking out of my room and into the kitchen.

I quickly grab the suitcase and duffel bag that I got for my birthday a year or two ago and shove enough clothes for the trip in and I grab my phone, earbuds, notebook, a pencil, and a phone charger that go in the duffel bag. I see my Blue Shadow suit that I wore when I found out Mama was dead and when I died.

"You might need that." May says, standing in the doorway. I see my lightsabers and my widow sting gauntlets sitting in corner, plugged into the wall to charge. My guns lay on top of the stack. "Who knows when the world will need Blue Shadow?"

"I'm hoping that, just for this week, it won't." I say.

"Well, hurry up, your coffee's getting cold." May says, walking out of my room.

I close the closet door and zip up my suitcase.

I won't need my suit.

Right?

I quickly get dressed and grab my cup of coffee along with an apple I found on the counter.

I sit and scroll through social media and find a selfie Flash posted.

'Europe, get ready for the awesomeness that's me!' The caption reads. Ego much?

"You're all packed?" May asks.

"Yep." I reply.

"And you got food?"

"Yep."

"Ok, then. Have fun in Europe." May says, ruffling my hair even though we're the same height.

"Seriously, May? You had to ruin my hair?" I ask, walking into the bathroom to fix my hair.

An hour and a half later...

"Flight 475 to Venice, Italy is now boarding." I hear a lady over the speakers announce.

"And that's our flight!" One of Peter's teachers says.

"Thanks for letting me come along on this field trip, sir." I smile.

"Oh, it's no problem! I'm sure we all feel safer with an Avenger around." He replies.

"Still, I'm so grateful for the chance to see so many beautiful places and learn so many new things." I say.

Rule number one of assassin work: If you go to school or have a job, suck up as much as possible. Be a teacher's pet, any of it. Do whatever it takes to get on people's good sides. I know I'm not an assassin assassin anymore, but it's in my blood.

When we all get aboard the plane, I manage to score a window seat and I can still keep an eye on Peter, Ned, and MJ.

"Hey." MJ says, sitting in the seat next to me.