Chapter 22. Oh Look, We're Back in Russia

April 15, 2024. 2:30 PM.
Alina's POV.

"Ok, so I have come to the conclusion that my theory about the Infinity Stones is correct!" I shout.

"And that is?" Tony asks.

"Bruce had written that the Ancient One, she was the big boss over at Kamar-Taj where Strange was trained, had told him that if we removed the stones from her reality permanently, her world would spiral into chaos. The Infinity Stones from our reality, those were destroyed by Thanos. What if these are replacement Infinity Stones? Think about it, the rocks somehow have almost exact matches to the Mind Stone's chemical makeup, that can't be a coincidence." I say.

"Holy fudge."

"Shut the front door!" Peter and Shuri shout.

"Yep!" I exclaim.

"So, we were in possession of two of the new Infinity Stones at once?" Tony asks. "We gotta name these."

"Night was lost, Love was found."

"The voices say that the one Lillia stole is the Night Stone and the pink one is the Love Stone."

"How do you know this?" Tony asks.

"They say random Yoda-type sentences every once in a while. 'Night was lost, Love was found.' That kinda thing."

"Wait, so we're mixing science with these mystical other-worldly voices and nobody cares?"

"Yep."

"And nobody's freaking out because Lillia got into your room and stole the stone from under our noses?"

"We've put the building on lockdown, so she can't get in again." Natasha says.

"I didn't know it could do that." I say quietly. "So, to answer your question, Tony, somehow, we're not freaking out."

"Yep. So, any luck with the tracker?" Eliza asks.

"We have levels of radiation over in Moscow." Bruce says.

"Well, I guess I'm going home." I shrug, my face void of emotion.

I won't be of any use, if anything, I'll end up brainwashed again. The Madame seems set on possessing me. Why? I'm nothing super special. Just a mentally ill kid with powers, training, and a kick butt family. Oh and an awesome taste in music, if I do say so myself.

"You're not going."

"What?! Why?" I screech, turning towards my mother.

"I'm not losing you again." Mama says.

"Well, I guess you won't be going either." I say. "I stay, you stay."

Mama pauses and calculates her options. "Fine," She sighs, "Peter, Tony, she needs special headphones. One of us must be within ten feet of Alina at all times. I'm not losing her again. We move out tomorrow."

Holy crap. I did not expect that. She's seriously letting me go to Russia? Woah! I wonder what'll happen. Will I end up with the Stone? Will I end up brainwashed?

The next day...

Shuri had to go back to Wakanda earlier for some sort of royal stuff. Nothing went into detail, but she's currently flying back to Wakanda.

"Alright, Alina, check the headphones." Mama says.

I put them on and I see Mama's lips move, but I don't think hear any sound.

"They work!" I smile, taking the headphones off.

"Awesome, you're gonna be wearing those until we land at home, so get comfortable." Clint chuckles. I groan and grab my earbuds. I play my playlist under the headphones so I can't hear anything but my music.