Chapter 27. The Aftermath

April 24, 2024. 1:45 AM Moscow time.

Mama and I walk away from Poseidon, hand in hand. We wander up to the top floor where my family is gathered. I run up and hug Tony. "Hiya Tony." I smile.

"Uh, hi? Something wrong, kid?" Tony asks.

"Just go with it, she's emotionally sensitive." Mama says.

"So, did you win?" Tony asks.

"Mama killed Elise, I made a deal with Poseidon after I beat him up, and Lillia's not all that much of a problem anymore, so all in all, I'd say yeah." I chuckle slightly. "I kinda just wanna go home right now. I'm tired." I yawn.

"Yep, jet lag'll do that to ya." Tony says. My family and I walk back to Z11 and I immediately flop on my bed. Loki walks into the room just a few seconds later.

"You ok?" She asks.

"Dude, I have biological parents that aren't evil, I have a biological half-sister, an adopted brother, an adopted sister, multiple awesome uncles, multiple awesome aunts, and a super awesome AI. I'm so much better than ok."

"Biological parents?" Loki asks.

"Well, we're gonna do a DNA test when we get home, but I'm 95% sure that Mama and Tony are my biological parents." I grin.

"Dude. That's amazing! When are you gonna tell the others? Are you gonna tell the others? Do Nat and Tony know? How did you find this out?" Loki quickly rattles off questions.

"When we know for sure, yes, Mama does, and Elise told me. Mama reinforced the fact and Lillia did say that I wasn't a demigod, so."

"Wait, then how did you get your powers?"

"I think it's some sort of genetic mutation. If I'm not a demigod, and I'm not an alien or Inhuman, it makes sense that I have some sort of genetic mutation." I shrug.

"That is huge." Loki says. She pauses before shifting to her male form. "Sorry, wanted to do that before I got super carried away. How are you handling all of this?" He asks.

"I think I'm doing pretty good. Might be in shock tomorrow, especially if the DNA test comes back positive. Just not a bad shock, like, a good shock, I'd be really surprised."

"I'm happy for you though. You've defeated two of your demons, and that's no easy feat. And, y'know, even if Nat and Tony don't turn out to be your biological parents, they can still be your surrogate parents."

"I know, it'd just be so much cooler if they were my biological parents. 'Alina Stark-Romanoff'. Has a cool ring to it." I smile.

"It does, doesn't it? Hey, would you rather have to pretend to date my brother or actually date MJ?"

"Oof, I'd say MJ, but she and Peter are adorable! I pick the mystical third option, stay buddies with both of them, no romance involved, real or fake. Would you rather have to play Darth Vader's theme when you walk into a room or have to shout 'don't die while I'm gone' as you walk out of the room?"

"Darth Vader's theme." Loki replies.

"There is no other acceptable response to that, I'm not gonna lie." I laugh. "Y'know, this is nice. I like this."

"Like what?"

"These conversations. Weird 'would your rather's while the ceiling looks ever so interesting. Dude, if someone told me that in almost ten years, I'd be laying on my bed with the god of mischief after figuring out that I have biological parents, I would've killed them, then and there." I grin and Loki laughs.

"You were pretty scary back then. Little less now, but still pretty scary."

"And don't you forget it." I laugh. "Family game night when we get home?"