Chapter 14. I Need A Vacation

June 16, 2023. 10:00 PM.

"Alina!" Ned shouts.

"Ned, hey! Are you ok, you need therapy something like that? Maybe mind wiping, I can do that if you want!"

"No, I'm good, I'm fine."

"Peter and I are done with the mission."

"Dude, the trip's over." Ned frowns.

"What? Why? What happened?"

"There's monsters coming out of the ground, of course our parents and guardians want us home."

"Please don't put me on hold. Alina! You're not dead, oh thank goodness." Mr. Harrington says, hugging me for a second.

"Huh?"

"Put some clothes on." He tells Ned who's just standing in the hallway in a bathrobe.

"We came for science, we're leaving cause of witches." Mr. Harrington's friend says. I really gotta figure his name out. "Welcome to the new Dark Ages."

"We're going home in the morning."

"What the heck? The Elementals are gone, it's been handled, we're safe!"

"Can you guys keep it down? I'm live streaming." Flash says and I stick my tongue out at him.

"Hey." MJ says, walking out of her room.

"Hey, why did you follow Peter and I? You could've been killed, MJ. Are you ok? Traumatized, physically injured?"

"Not entirely sure, to be honest. I'm fine though."

"Ok?" I ask and Peter walks out of his room.

"Hey!" Peter exclaims. "Where were you? Dude, I seriously thought you were dead!"

"Why do you always think that I'm dead?" I ask.

"Eh, force of habit. But still, where were you?"

"Went out for drinks with Quentin. He got me a lemonade."

"Oh. Yeah, so text me first because I worry. A lot."

"Sorry, little bro." I smile slightly. "So, what now?"

"Well, we pack. We leave in the morning. Dad's concerned, but ok with us being here."

"I'd have to see how Clint feels about this whole ordeal. May's probably freaking out."

"Probably." Peter chuckles.

"I'm going to try to get some sleep." I say. "Good night."

"Night, big sis." Peter smiles and I walk into my room.

I take my hair out of its ponytail and I crawl in bed.

Then, my phone goes off twice.

Artist: I'm gonna tell Peter how I feel.

Cinnamon Roll: I'm gonna tell MJ how I feel.

Holy crud, I need to see this.

I sneak out of my room and quietly follow Peter and MJ.

Peter stands next to a pillar, watching the tv. The elevator dings and MJ walks into the lobby. The two walk over to each other.

"Hey." Peter says.

"Hey." MJ smiles.

"So, uh, where do you wanna go?" Peter asks. He's so awkward and obvious, it's surprising that he and MJ haven't told each other yet.