Chapter 10. Mr. Fish Bowl

June 15, 2023. 1:43 PM.

"Whoa, the water's picking up." MJ notes.

"It's not me, I swear." I hold my hands up.

Then, I see the water erupt like lava from a volcano. I try to control it with my powers, but there's only so much I can do.

"Go! Get outta here!" I shout to MJ.

"Alright," MJ replies, running back towards the hotel.

"Hey Liza." I smile.

"Hello Lina!" Eliza says.

I see Ned and Betty out in the middle of the canal and right underneath a giant wave. I manage to pull them away and to shore with my powers, but I can't stop the waves entirely.

"Betty!" Peter exclaims, running over to help Ned and Betty out of the gondola.

"Get to safety! Peter, Code Purple." I say. Purple is code for: we need Blue Shadow and Spider-Man.

"Can't! My suit's at the hotel!" Peter says.

"Well, I still need your help!"

"What is that?!" Ned asks.

"WE DON'T KNOW!" Peter and I shout at the same time.

The water blob thing starts to take the form of a giant water monster. Possibly Poseidon's doing. The monster swings and takes out a chunk of a nearby building like it's made of sand. It moves towards me and Peter, but I manage to block it with my powers.

This is water. This is my forte. I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. I can do this.

"I can't do this!" I shout, running to get Peter and I to high ground.

Peter activates his web shooters and fires at the water monster, only to have the web fly straight through it.

"Incoming call from: Cinnamon Roll." Eliza says.

"Put him through!" I exclaim, dodging chunks of debris that have been thrown at me.

"Lina! My webs won't do anything!" Peter exclaims.

"Well poop! I can't handle this guy by myself!" I say, catching a piece of debris and throwing it back at the water monster. Then, I see green beams of light coming out of nowhere.

"We have a possible hostile. Can't tell if the green lasers are from a good guy or a bad guy."

"If they were a bad guy, wouldn't they be red?" Peter asks.

"Fair point!" I shout, trying to see our mystery friend.

Then, a green jet stream of clouds flies past and I see a guy with a... fishbowl on his head? This is straight outta a Panic! at the Disco music video.

"HELLO MR. FISH BOWL HEADED MYSTERIOUS POSSIBLE VILLAIN?" I shout at our new companion.

"WHO?" They shout back.

The water monster takes advantage of me accidentally distracting our fishbowl headed friend and throws them a few feet behind, still flying in the air though.

Then, the mysterious possible villain shoots the water monster with their green lasers, putting up a good fight.

Until they don't. The water monster pushes them backward into the water. The water starts to rise and I try my powers to save Venice. Push the water down, Lina. You can do this. You can do this. You can do this. I can do this. I raise my hands towards the sky and all the water flies up above Venice. Then, I thrust my hands down and the water monster doesn't get back up.