Chapter 11. Life Really Sucks, But At Least I Have Coffee

June 15, 2023. 9:28 PM.

When we got back to the hotel, I couldn't sleep, so I decided to suit up and walk around. I put on the widow gauntlets and the round frames that Mama gave me. I carefully jump out the open window and land on an awning. Easy peasy. I see that there's a sticker on the widow gauntlets.

'Say Eliza. To the next lead Avenger, I trust you. - Natasha'

"Eliza?" I ask.

"Stand by for retinal and biometric scan. Retinal and biometric scan accepted." Eliza says.

"Eliza, what's going on?" I ask.

"Hey Lina! I got an upgrade!" Eliza says.

"That's great! What exactly just happened?" I ask.

"Fury's gift to Coulson when he became director of SHIELD was a black box filled with information on how to lead. This is the black box from Natasha to you. Your mom knew that the whole 'getting the universe back' plan was too good to be true, so she recruited Stark to help her make these. Natasha has a pre-recorded message for you. Would you like to see it now or later?" Eliza asks.

"Now please, Liza." I reply.

"Hey Little Shadow. So, I'm probably dead. I knew that getting you back was too good to be true, so I had Stark help me make you these glasses and new and improved widow gauntlets. Me, Tony, Steve, Clint, Bruce, and Thor have decided that you will lead the Avengers when we're gone. Whether we're dead, retired, or just flat out busy.

"Fury and Maria will be with you every step of the way and Coulson's crew's phone numbers are now in Eliza's database. You are the leader of the Avengers now. You can boss everyone around, and your SHIELD clearance has been upped to a 10. If someone doubts you, you have my full permission to kick their butt.

"You get to decide who joins the Avengers. You get to call the shots. When I had the Romanoff Foundation's main building built, I had the top floor off-limits. There's a reason for that. It's yours. The top floor has a bedroom, a bathroom, a weapons room, a living room, a kitchen/dining room, a small-ish conference room, and it's basically mini Avengers Compound.

"You can run the Avengers from Compound or you could run it from your own apartment. Like I said earlier, you call the shots. I have guides and a few protocols already set up in these glasses to help you lead. You also have full access to all SHIELD facilities and Stark Industries. Go change the world. I love you, Солнечный свет." Mama smiles and the video finishes. 'Sunshine'

"Eliza, what are the protocols Mom added?" I ask.

"Protocol number one: 'Can I get a taco? Can I PLEASE get a taco?' will order Chipotle delivery to your location. Protocol number two is untitled, but if activated, the remaining original six Avengers will be called to advise you."

"Call that one 'Cookie Protocol'." I add.

"Protocol named. Protocol number three: 'Stark' will call Peter and Tony and will give Tony your location. Protocol four: 'Code Blue' will do the same as before, but it will alert Clint Barton. Protocol five is the final protocol added. 'IronShadow' will call a suit to you when you need one."

"Cool! Add a protocol for me please, Liza." I say.

"What will this one do?" Eliza asks.

"Turn the coffee maker on and order breakfast, so, maybe a donut or a muffin, depending on what I want that day."

"Protocol added. Do you have a name for it?"

"Protocol 'Get Alina to wake up'." I laugh.

"That's great." Eliza says.