Chapter 15. Sem'ya Means Family

June 18, 2023. 2:16 PM.

Peter and I walk into the plane with Happy following behind. He pulls out a med kit and tells me to sit down.

"What happened?" I ask.

"You have a pretty nasty gash on your shoulder." Peter says.

"How do I not remember getting that?" I ask.

"Well, maybe you were just trying to get the heck away from Mysterio!" Peter exclaims.

"Kid, sit down and stay still, I need to stitch that up before you lose any more blood.

"Fine." I say. I sit in one of the plane seats and look out the window, admiring the tulips.

"Ow." I say, slightly annoyed.

"Thought you had some sort of 'I don't feel pain' thing." Happy says.

"Ok, last time we did this, I was in shock, so." I retort. "Can you please hurry up?"

"All right, relax. Just a few more."

"Mother of Odin, Happy."

"Relax!"

"Don't tell me to relax, Happy! How can I relax when I messed up so badly?" I ask as I stand up. "I trusted Beck, ok? I thought he was my friend. I gave him one of the last things that my Mama left for me, and now he's gonna kill my friends and half of Europe. Please, do not tell me to relax, because I can't relax when this is all my fault! I was supposed to be the one on Vormir, not Mama! If I had lived, I would've been the one who died, and Mama would still be here! If I had focused more, I could've brought Mama back with the stones!" I shout and I realize what I've done. "I'm sorry, Happy. I'm sorry. I shouldn't be yelling at you. I just really miss her."

"I miss her too." Happy says.

"How did you meet Mama anyways?" I ask.

"I can't tell you. You'd make fun of me until our bodies decompose." Happy replies.

"Everywhere I go, I see her face. But, it's not just her face, it's her sacrifice, her legacy. I see her sacrifice in Peter and in me. I see her legacy in all of those memorials that are scattered across the globe. The whole world is asking who's gonna take her place and everyone's thinking it's gonna be me, but how can I restore good to the name of Black Widow when all I've done for the past eight months is ruin it?"

"How have you ruined it?" Peter asks.

"What have I done? You weren't supposed to know that, nobody was supposed to know except for Eliza and Clint!" I exclaim.

"Know what?" Happy asks.

"I can't tell you."

"Why?"

"Because I will lose the last few people I love when they know."

"Hey. I'm not leaving you." Peter says.

"You'd be surprised."

"I'll stay right here, as long as possible. Just tell me."

Well, if Peter can confess his love for MJ, I can come clean with the assassin stuff, right?

"ForthepasteightmonthsI'vebeenkilingpeopleasBlackWidowanddeliveringthesoulstoHades." I say quickly.

"Ok, little slower now." Peter says.

"For the past eight months, I've been killing people as Black Widow and delivering the souls to Hades."

"Oh. Why?" Peter asks.