Chapter 26. Wow, This Family Tree Is Messed Up

April 23, 2024. 12:00 PM, Eastern Daylight Time.

"Alright. You may be wondering why I set off Emergency Meeting Protocol. I found where Elise and Poseidon are hiding out. They, undoubtedly, have a bit of an advantage, because we'll be fighting at Red Room Headquarters, in the outskirts of Moscow, Russia. We, however, have the power of family and Infinity Stones on our side. Suit up, grab your gear, get some brunch and coffee in you, we leave in two hours. Questions?" I ask and Peter raises his hand. "You don't have to raise your hand, this isn't kindergarten. What's your question?"

"Are we sure we want to do this? You still have the trigger words in your head, what if they make you go all Red Room Winter Soldier on us?"

"They won't. I won't let them. I'll wear my headphones if it makes you feel better."

"Just a little bit." Peter grumbles slightly.

"Anything else? No? Alright, let's go, we're on the clock! We get to the Red Room at midnight Moscow time, let's hustle, people." I say as I usher everyone out of the conference room. I head to my room and grab my new suit. After I change, I go up to the roof and prep Z11.

12:00 AM, Moscow time.

We exit Z11 and I take the lead with Mama and Eliza just a few inches behind. We sneak through the trees and we approach the Red Room. I ready my lock picks as Mama, Eliza, and I walk up the steps to the front door. I pick the lock and I gently open the door. I watch as moonlight floods into the room and I see the shadows of me and my family on the hardwood floor. My ballet flats tap gently on the floor as I walk in.

I put my lock picks back in my pocket and grab my Night Stone batons. Mama grabs her Death Stone batons, careful to not hit anyone in the process and Eliza grabs her guns. I put in a switch to switch from normal bullets to using the Alternative Stone's powers.

This is gonna be one heck of a story if we make it out alive.

Mama, Eliza, and I walk down to where I was kept. We're faced with none other than Poseidon and Elise. I power on my batons as Eliza turns the safety off on her guns and Mama turns on the Death Stone's powers.

"Rayne. I see you've decided to return home." Elise says.

"My name is Alina!" I shout. I run towards the trio and hit Elise in the face with my batons. She staggers backwards before standing steadily in some sort of trance. I repeat the process with Poseidon before I realize that this is obviously a trap. I quickly tie them both up while they're still in a trance.

"Comms are jammed. I'll go round up the others." Eliza says. She walks towards the doorway, but pauses for a minute. She runs back over to me and hands me a glowing blue triangle. This is the Life Stone. "Tony told me to give it to you. He knew you'd find them first, so." She says before running off. I pocket the stone and Mama turns to me.

"Alina, I need to tell you something."

"Can it wait? This might be our only chance at getting them one else and for all."

"I want to tell you before she does."

"Tell her what? That her entire life has been a lie?" Elise asks from her chair on the other side of the room.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"The apartment? You never lived there." Elise says. Those words, wether they be true or false, hit me like a brick. I stumble backwards and I almost lose my balance but Mama steadies me.

"Alina, when you were gone, I did digging on your past." Mama confesses quickly.

"I know that, why's it such a big deal?"