Chapter 1

~sean pov~

Every day she walks in the coffee shop while I'm tidying tables. She normally comes in before closing time in the evening. Her hair is long and curly; it looks as if it has been dip-dyed blonde. Every day she wears the same black leggings with phone pockets on the legs, but a different coloured jumper each day. The pink duffle bag hangs over her shoulder, the words "Dance" written in a light purple font. Her charming smile lights up the room, even if it is raining outside, she always makes my day.

"Sean! How are you today?" she asks as she walks up to me. I stand upright and leave my cleaning supplies resting on the table I was cleaning.

"I'm good, you?" I reply, as I walk with her to the counter. She nods and settles her bag by the register. "How was class?"

"It was tiring, as usual." She laughs. "How has your day been? Are your family doing well?"

"We are managing; my dad's still trying to find a job though. Mum has been struggling with the baby and everything." I say as I grab a coffee cup to make her usual drink. She sighs before watching me make her drink.

"I really want to help Sean. If you just let me..."

"Kaycee, I've told you. I don't want you to help, I can't ask that of you: it's not fair." I meet her eyes, watching as they glisten in the light. Besides Kaycee's smile and personality, her eyes are one of my favourite things about her. They are a deep brown colour in normal light, but when she faces the sun: they turn into what I like to call "golden pools of honey". She is the most incredible person I have ever met. I love her to bits, but she couldn't love me back. I'm just a poor kid, trying to earn money for my family, working in a coffee shop. She's a world famous dancer; she's earning money through doing what she loves and has created her career by just being a good dancer.

"Sean, you aren't asking for my help. I'm offering!" she exclaims as I pass her the cup. I shake my head before walking back to the table I was cleaning earlier. "Please." She repeats.

"I'm so grateful that you want to help, but we can do this!" I reply. She sighs before taking her phone out of her pocket.

"I have to go Sean. I will see you tomorrow." She says sadly. I could tell how much she wanted to help, but I don't want to rely on her financially. My family has never really been wealthy: we have always had issues with jobs and school. I've moved schools more times than I can count on both hands. When Sarah came along, it didn't get any better. Mum had to look after her, while Dad was struggling to find a job. Now we have Serris, Mum is so much more stressed. Sarah and I have had to rely on each other, especially if we needed someone to talk to. As soon as I could, I got a job at this shop. It's not exactly the best job money wise, but it is something that I can fit around school and holidays. I think that Sarah plans to do the same when she's old enough.

My favourite part of the evening is when the shop is shut. I get to be all alone, play whatever music I want and dance while I clean. I love dancing; it's the only thing that allows me to escape the world. I would love to go to classes, like Kaycee does. Unfortunately, they are quite expensive, plus I'm not sure what my friends would think of me being a dancer. Let alone the bullies at school, they would definitely enjoy that rumour.

I start playing my favourite playlist from the speakers in the shop. I let the music take over my body and start free styling to some of my favourite songs. I don't care if anyone walking past sees me, it's normally the same people. They all come home from work at this time, so to them this isn't anything unusual. I feel free from all of my problems here, just being able to escape into my own world of moves and music. I wish I could dance on a proper floor, rather than working my way between the worn-down wooden tables and chairs.

The shop is quite old and worn-out, but there is a feel to it that draws people in everyday. Whether it is the aroma of coffee that drifts through the shop, even after closing time, or if it's the environment inside. Either way, it's comforting to me and as much as it doesn't bring much in financially, I enjoy working here.

I'm so busy in my own world that I don't notice the girl staring at me through the window until she enters.

"You didn't tell me you could dance Sean!" Kaycee voice shouts ecstatically over the music.

"Kaycee!" I shout as I frantically run over to the computer on the counter to pause the music. "What are you doing back here? I thought I locked the door." I ask her as I run over to the door and lock it.

"I left my bag here. I didn't expect to see you dancing though!" she says, pointing over to her pastel pink bag lying by the machine. I sigh as I walk over to it and hand it to her. "No. Don't think we aren't going to talk about what I just witnessed. You have some explaining to do!" she says as she takes the bag. She takes two chairs down from a table in the middle of the shop. She taps the seat and signals for me to sit down next to her.

"So why didn't you tell me?" she asks grabbing my hands. I sigh as I meet her gaze and shrug.

"I guess, I just didn't think I was any good. I haven't been trained and I'm nowhere near what you are." I replied looking down at our hands.

"That can always change Sean. I have an idea. You want to get properly trained, right?" she asks. I nod and look back up at her. She smiles her lovely smile before saying, "I will meet you here tomorrow at 8 in the morning."

"Wait, why? Kayc, I can't attend any classes: I can't afford it!" I say frantically as she gets up to leave.

"You can dance. My mentor will love you. You won't need to pay for it, when she sees talent; she goes for it. I saw what you can do, she's going to help you become the best dancer you can be." She winks at me and smiles before leaving me sitting at the table, processing the recent events.