Chapter 23

(sorry for a longish wait. my history teacher decided to set us loads of essays, and I had to write an English creative writing piece on top of other stuff lol. we love school 😐. hope you enjoy, ty for reading. and uhhh yeah. this chapter made me smile while proof reading.)

~kaycee pov~

I pull away from our embrace, my hands wresting on the sides of his torso, his laced around my waist. 

"So Tessandra wants to work with you, huh?" I tease quietly.

"Apparently." he replies sheepishly, looking down at the ground.

"Look at you! Mr Famous Dancer." I joke. He looks up at me before slinging his head back in laughter. 

"Wow, says you! You are almost as famous as Tessandra herself!" he says. I shake my head as he nods his. 

"Kayc, can I be honest?" he asks nervously. I start nodding and allow him to continue.

"I'm really nervous. I mean, we are going to be performing in front hundreds of people, many of them we won't know. And we are going to be working with the world famous Tessandra Chavez. I've gone from free styling in the coffee shop after hours to working with Tessandra Chavez for a concert!" he admits.

"It's completely fine to be nervous, I am too! But you deserve this so much, plus Tessandra really loves your dancing as well! And you never know, working with her might open up new opportunities in the dance world for you. As well as helping you achieve your dream, you can also get some money in for this. I mean you could start your own social media accounts and we could post your dance videos! You could start your own YouTube channel as well: Sean Lew Vlogs!" I reply enthusiastically. He shakes his head and laughs at me. 

"Hopefully it will help me achieve my dream but no, I am not starting a YouTube channel." he laughs. 

"I think you should Sean, if not a vlog channel then a dance channel." I suggest. He shakes his head again before we look at each other in silence.

"Your eyes are puffy Kayc." he states cautiously. I look down at my feet before pressing my fingertips underneath my eyes.

"I haven't really slept much for the last week." I reply quietly.

"I'm so sorry Kayc, I was such an idiot and I didn't think about how it would effect you." he says. I can tell through the look in his eyes that he feels guilty about what he did.

"It's fine Sean, I'm sure you didn't sleep either. We have had a pretty eventful couple of weeks. I mean since you started going to classes, there has been something new happening everyday." I point out. 

"Yeah, you're right. After dancing together with Tricia, to the bullying and the arguments, and now Tessandra wants to work with us! To be honest, I'm exhausted." he says while laughing. 

"Me too. Do you want to come inside? We can watch some TV and eat some popcorn, or we can just go up to my room and talk? I don't mind." I offer.

"That would be cool, if that's okay with you?" he replies awkwardly.

"I wouldn't have offered if it wasn't okay with me." I state. He rolls his eyes at me before taking his arms from around me. I grab his hand and lead him up the driveway. 

"Ugh! I don't have my keys." I groan. I knock on the door and we wait outside until my mom opens it.

"You two okay?" she asks. I nod before looking over at Sean. My mom walks out of the way and lets us in. She notices our hands intertwined and smiles at me. I roll my eyes at her but I can't hide my grin.