Chapter 28

(uhhh no interesting stories from my life this week, not like they have been interesting but yk I just don't have anything specific to write. so hope you enjoy the chapter, and ty for reading this far!)

~sean pov~

"Well, I have messed everything up!" I say as I walk up to Noah. He looks up to me from his school books and raises his eyebrows.

"What's happened now?" he asks.

"Kayc and I almost kissed!" I answer hysterically. I run my hands through my hair before resting my arms on the lockers and looking to the ground. Noah doesn't speak for a few moments, he seems to be in just as much shock as I am. I feel sick. I feel guilty. 

"Almost kissed?" he checks, breaking the deathly silence. I nod.

"Why only almost? Did you pull away before you got too close?" he asks.

"No, my mom walked into my room at the wrong moment!" I say in frustration.

"Oh shit." he replies. "So you wanted to kiss her?"

"Yes! Of course I did! I have since I met her! And she was the one who kept moving closer! That could've been when I shoot my shot but she couldn't get out of my house fast enough after what happened." I admit. 

"But it's not your fault that you didn't kiss. It's not like you pushed her away in disgust, is it?" 

"Well no, but she tried to cover it up when my mom asked what we were doing and I don't know, it kind of hurt a little." I continue.

"She probably didn't want to say to your mom 'we were just about to kiss, if you don't mind leaving so we can continue before we spend the rest of the day avoiding each other, that would be lovely.' Would she?" he replies sarcastically.

"No she wouldn't. I don't know."

"Right, so I'm guessing that because you were interrupted, it was incredibly awkward?" he continues.

"Yeah." I say quietly as I realise where he is going with this.

"So Kaycee left because of how awkward it was, and she's probably feeling guilty as well, as if she didn't do the right thing by you either." he points out.

"Ugh. You're probably right. But what do we do from here?" I ask.

"Maybe it's the universe's way of telling you that it wasn't the right time?" he suggests.

"You know I don't believe in that kind of stuff." 

"Okay, but either way, it shows that you two want to be together. But it's more of a question of when and how you want to ask her." he explains.

"Yeah, I guess. I mean I knew that if I did ask her then I would prefer to do something big because of everything she has done for me." I admit.

"What you thinking?" he asks as he leans back on the lockers.

"I don't know yet." 

"You know that concert coming up? Maybe you could ask her to go with you, if your parents will let you buy the tickets?" he suggests. I nod at his suggestion. That's not a bad idea... Oh nope, never mind. Should I tell him? To be honest I am surprised he hasn't found out already. 

"Uh... Noah?" 

"Yeah?"

"Now that you mention the concert, I have to tell you something." 

"What's that?"

"I don't need to buy tickets to the concert, I mean technically I can't go to watch it."