Chapter 11

~sean pov~

"Wow. Kayc, this is beautiful." I say in awe. She giggles before letting go of my hands and sitting at the base of the willow tree. I look around, taking in the scenery. The willow tree leaves are a light green colour, reminding me of summer. They touch the ground on one side, but on the other it breaks off. On that side there is a river, so blue that you can see the bottom of it. The sun reflects on the water, creating a shimmer that almost blinds me as I stare at it. The grass bank is covered with wildflowers and reeds that stop just as they hit the waters edge. It is quite spacious up here considering we are underneath a tree. But it's just beautiful.

I look down at Kaycee who is looking at her phone. I walk over to her and sit down next to her. 

"This place is incredible." I say, letting my head rest against the trunk of the tree. She turns her phone off and places it on the ground next to her. She shifts slightly further away from me before resting her head on my shoulder.

"I know. I come here a lot when I want to clear my  head or if I'm lacking inspiration for a dance." she says. 

"I'm not surprised you come here for that, I mean look at it." I state. She giggles.

"How did you find this place?" I ask her. 

"I think when I was younger, I was playing hide and seek with my siblings over the park. I ran off this way and found it. I guess, I didn't want anyone else to know about it, so I just left here and hid somewhere else. My brother found me, but I never told him about my original hiding place: I wanted it to be my special sort of retreat. You are the only person I have shown this place to. I'm sure that other people know it exists, but I just don't want my family following me if they know that I have gone out to clear my head. That has happened before, but they never find me. I just make my way back home when I'm ready." she admits.

I smile to myself. I'm the only person that she has shown this place, not even Bailey and Josh. I don't know why that makes me as happy as it does.

"Yeah I get that. I can understand why you wouldn't want people to know about it here though. It's too beautiful to be crowded with people and destroyed you know." I say. She nods in agreement. The sound of water flowing past us fills my ears. You can hear the birds chirping above us as they fly through the air. This place feels like it is out of a fairytale. To be honest, I feel like I'm in a fairytale. Everything that has happened this past week feels surreal to me: I'm dancing in proper classes at the weekends; I am doing pretty well at school, besides the bullying. And now, I am closer with Kaycee than I ever have been. She is so special to me and now we are attending classes together! I'm just so glad that we are getting closer, I like Kaycee. 

She shuffles slightly before grabbing my arm and hugging it. She uses it to pull her closer towards me.

"You comfy yet?" I joke. She giggles before slapping my arm lightly. 

"Yeah. Now I am." she replies quietly. I chuckle at her as she puts her full weight on me. I can't believe I'm here, with someone like Kaycee. I know I don't deserve her, yet somehow I ended up with her. 

"Kayc, you wanna know something?" I ask. She looks up at me and nods slightly.

"I really appreciate you, not just as a friend but as a person in general. You are so sweet, you are so funny, you are so beautiful. I can't find anything bad about you, you are literally perfect! It's annoying because everyone tells me 'no one is perfect' but I can see a perfect person right in front of me!" I blurt out. She blushes before burying her head in the side of my shirt.