Chapter 33

(all lyric creds to the artists! please go listen to the songs or watch the dances, it makes the dances easier to understand, especially if you haven't seen/heard them before 🙂. another very cute one, coz im a sucker for seaycee fluff... the chapter you lot have been waiting for!)

~kaycee pov~

We run off stage in the blackout, panting heavily. We pass Tessandra who high fives us and directs us over to the wardrobe tent. 

"We killed that Sean!" I shout over the music as we run across the field towards the tent. 

"We did!" he shouts back. I giggle at him and hug his side. We push through the gap in the tent and are greeted by Helen holding our clothes for Can I be Him. We thank her before taking the costumes and running over to the separate partitions. We have quite a while before our final performance but it is better to miss the rush of the wardrobe tent later on. I get into my dress and put the 'Station' dress back on the hanger. Once I have finished, I push past the partition and head back over to Helen. I pass the clothes over to her before I feel arms wrap around me. Helen takes the clothes from the person behind me and smiles at us both.

"Hi Sean." I giggle.

"You ready for Can I be Him?" he asks.

"I hope so. I think it's slightly more nerve-wracking because it is predominantly our choreography so it is a reflection on our work." I explain.

"Yeah, true. But we've got this, I mean we seemed to have done well for Station. Well, we got quite a loud applause from the audience and we felt as if we had done well." he says. We start walking out of the tent towards the main stage.

"You're right, we can do this!" I reply confidently. Half way through the field we are met by a group of four people. I squint my eyes to try and distinguish their features.

"You two did so well!" one of the girls shouts.

"Tahani! Bailey! Jules! Josh!" Sean and I shout as we run over to hug them. We all embrace each other. 

"How you feeling Sean?" Bailey asks him, raising her eyebrows slightly. Did I miss something?

"Nervous." he replies. She smiles at him and nods her head.

"You've got this." she says quietly. He chuckles a little before turning back to me. 

"When are you two performing Can I be Him?" Julian asks.

"It's at the end of the show." I reply as Sean nods along. We all edge our way back to the stage and watch the current performances from the wings. People pass us in a hurry to get to wardrobe and the tech van. 

"You two ready, you are on next?" Tessandra asks Sean and I.

"Sort of." I giggle in reply.

"I'm so proud of you both by the way, Station was beautiful!" she says.

"Thanks Tessandra." Sean replies.

"Oh! Sean, is everything going ahead?" she asks him quietly.

"Yup." he answers.

"Hm? What's this?" I ask Sean.

"Oh don't worry." he chuckles. I sigh before turning back to the stage. We watch the performance from a local singer in LA, the tension already increasing. Once it finishes, the lights black out and many of the tech crew run on stage with the free-standing lights. This is it, the final piece. Just breathe. Luckily we all have time to set up the stage while the crowd is cheering for the previous performance. Sean and I run on stage, he heads off towards the right while I stand in between two separate crowds of lights. The crowd slowly dies down while the lights are still out. The lights on stage slowly turn on as the opening to Can I be Him starts. Okay, let's do this.