Chapter 29

(cuteness warning. I have a feeling there might be a lot of Kaycee's pov for these last lot of chapters... hope that's okay) 

~kaycee pov~

I stood outside the shop, watching the cars drive by. Some people entered the shop and came out a few minutes later. Should I go in? I don't want to push him. Maybe I should wait for him to come to me. But he won't know I'm here if I don't at least show my face. I look up the street, away from the door of the coffee shop. I watch two teenagers, a boy and a girl laughing and play fighting with each other. I look over to the other side and see groups of friends walking into the juice bar across the road. I smile to myself as people walk past. I twiddle my thumbs and look down to my feet. 

Suddenly, my heart skips a beat as I feel someone's arms wrap around my waist. It is hard to tell who it was at first, until they kissed the top of my head. I relax my body and lean into him. He looks down at me and smiles.

"Hey." Sean says softly. I giggle at him and place my hands on top of his. 

"Oh!" he realises before slowly letting go of me and making his way back into the shop. A few moments later, he comes back outside with two take-away cups of coffee. He passes the coffee to me before stroking my hair with the same hand. 

"Lead the way, Miss Rice." he jokes. I giggle but grab his empty hand and pull him down the street. At first he was trailing behind until he catches up with me. He ruffles my hair before sliding his arm around my waist. I lean into to him as we walk, taking sips of our coffees every now and then. 

"So what are your ideas?" I ask.

"Well, I'm not going to suddenly break into dance in the middle of the street, am I?" he replies sarcastically.

"Go on! It will show your dedication to your art." I joke.

"Never in a million years. As well as us being surrounded by people, we don't have any music whatsoever: we would look crazy!" he says defensively.

"Who said I was doing this as well?" 

"I did! Partners stick together!" he replies.

"And who said we are partners?" I ask surprisingly.

"I did. Actually, I have been meaning to ask you something, I have been thinking about it for a while. Kaycee..."

What is he going to ask me? Why does he seem nervous? Is he going to ask me to be his girlfriend? What would I say? I would probably say yes, but I'm scared! Why are my palms going sweaty? Is it hot here, I mean we are outside but it's so hot? 

"... would you like to be my..."

Girlfriend, just say it! Say it! I would love to! I love you Sean! I am in love with you Sean! 

"... dance partner?" 

What? Okay, I had a completely different idea to him but it's okay. I mean it's not like I don't want to be his dance partner, it means I get to spend more time with him. Wait! Why am I not speaking? I need to say something or he's going to think I don't want to. Just speak!

"I would love to be your partner!" I reply excitedly. I look up at him and watch his smile grow. Wow, this guy owns my heart. 

~

We step through the door, the noise from the TV travelling around the house. I don't think my parents heard us over the noise. 

"Hey mom! Hey dad!" I shout. Still nothing. I shrug my shoulders before grabbing Sean's hand again and dragging him to the garage. I point towards a corner and gesture towards his bag. He tosses his bag across the room before running up to me and picking me up. I squeal a little before wrapping my arms around him.