Chapter 15

(i wanted to start writing this straight away coz i feel bad for leaving it how i did aka sean in a really bad way... um angst warning, i mean i knew it was coming... i cried while writing this, so angst like a lot)

~sean pov~

The bell rings loudly as I get up from my desk and walk out of the classroom as quick as I can. Noah runs up beside me as we enter the hallway.

"How you feeling?" he asks.

"I'm okay, thanks. You?" I reply. 

"You're the one who got beaten up today, don't worry about me! Why you in such a rush?" he says. 

I shrug. "I don't know, I just don't want to see Griffin anymore than I have to today." 

"Fair enough." he agrees. We walk out of the front doors, my mind running through my conversation with the nurse. I know I have to make up my mind,  but I don't know what's worse: a teacher telling the school or me. I look to the ground and walk out of the gates. Noah fist bumps me before walking the other way. I am so distracted by the thoughts spinning around my mind that I didn't notice someone sitting on the wall by the gates. 

"Sean!" a voice shouts as they run behind me and grab my arm. I recognise the voice instantly shake them off my hoodie sleeve. 

"Sean?" they ask again. I take my headphone out of my pocket and plug them into my phone. I push the ear buds into my ears and pick up the pace down the road. I don't dare look behind me, I can't face them. Not now. I know I will have to eventually, but I just need some time. 

~ kaycee pov~ 

I watch him run away from me, his earphones jammed in his ears. He blanked me completely, whether he thought I was someone else, I don't know. But this is so unlike him. He would never purposely ignore me, let alone brush me off like that! I turn around, and start walking away. Maybe he's just had a bad day and he doesn't want to talk to me. Should I go after him? I mean he always says that I make his bad days better. But maybe I should leave it this time. But what if he needs me? Maybe I should go after him. 

I fight my doubts and turn around and start walking in the direction he went. I don't want to walk right behind him or try to talk to him, just incase he really doesn't want to talk to me. I think he's working tonight anyway, so I could go into the coffee shop after he walks in and ask for a coffee. 

After a ten minute walk, he enters the coffee shop. I stop outside the door, staying out of view from the windows as well. I wait outside for a couple minutes before poking my head around the wall and looking inside. Sean has his back to me, he's making a coffee at the machine. I decide to walk inside. I slowly open the door, the little bell going off as I do. Lizzie looks up at me after hearing the noise and gives me a small smile. She looks over at Sean at the coffee machine before quietly walking off around the back. Sean turns back around and looks up at me before looking back down again. The guy at the counter hands him a note and thanks him for the coffee. I walk up to the counter. 

"Can I have my usual please?" I ask.

"Sure." he replies quietly, not looking up at me. 

"Sean, have I done something wrong?" I ask. He turns around without replying. 

"Sean, please talk to me. At least tell me what I have done wrong! I was sitting outside of your school, I was hoping we could go to the park together, but you completely brushed me off! Sean you have been really distant recently! Can you just tell me what's going on?" I plead.