Chapter 10

(um so I like this chapter but idk where i was going with it so i just let my brain take me and yeah this is how it turned out. another cute one, they do be getting close though. i dont know what's happening to that angst i promised you guys. all i can say is that i have a feeling this might be a longer story than expected, sorry you lot. hope you enjoy... um yeah!)

~kaycee pov~

My eyes open as I rub them. The bright morning sunlight is shining through my window. I guess I forgot to shut the curtains last night. I rest my hands on my stomach and feel my phone lying there. Oh, did I not plug my phone in last night? I touch the screen before it turns on showing the active call page. I can barely read the writing through my sleep covered eyes. I put my ear close to the phone and hear someone yawning.

"Hello?" I ask quietly into the microphone.

"Kayc?" a voice replies on the other end. 

"Sean, did we fall asleep on the phone or something?" I ask sleepily.

"I guess so. This call has been going for like six hours." he replies.

"Wow." I laugh while yawning.

"You sound cute when your sleepy." he chuckles quietly. I giggle back at him and roll over onto my side and look at the time on my alarm clock. It reads 8:30. 

"Sean! It's 8:30!" I shout.

"Oh! I need to go to school!" he says.

"Same, I have online classes in half an hour!" 

"I'm gonna go, call later?" he asks as he's rushing about.

"Yeah of course. Call me as soon as you get out of school, or I will spam you with messages until you answer!"

"Okay, Rice. I promise I will. Wait, why don't we meet at the coffee shop? I don't work during the week days, and it would be nice to see Maria anyway. We could grab a coffee and go for a walk over the park?" he suggests.

"Yeah, I would love that. Shall I meet you outside your school? I mean I know my way to the park, you could text me the address and I can walk there." 

"Yeah, sure. I will text you the address when I get there." he replies.

"Okay, see you later Sean!" I say. 

"Bye Kayc, have a good day." he says before hanging up. I smile to myself and get ready for school. I'm not going to lie, I'm excited for later. I like spending time with Sean, and hopefully he's feeling better today. I'm not expecting him to be jumping about, but hopefully the bruises are starting to properly come out. I just want him to be okay, and I want to help him through this. Even though, he says he can deal with all of this on his own, I want to do something. And if spending time with him is what he wants, then so be it. I mean I enjoy it anyway, so I'm not complaining. 

~later that day~
~sean pov~

I laugh at Noah, as he punches my arm. 

"That was your fault! You got the question wrong! We could've won the quiz!" he complains.

"I'm sorry! My brain turned off, you also could have helped a little!" 

"It was your question, not mine!" he replies. We laugh again as I look ahead. A girl is sitting on the wall outside the school, facing away from us. I smile to myself as I register who it is. 

"Who's that?" Noah asks me, nudging my arm. 

"Just a friend. I asked her to meet me here after school." I say as we walk over to the wall. I shush Noah before grabbing her shoulders. She squeals slightly before turning round.