Chapter 17

(you lot stressing over Sean's decision. me: hehehe. forgive me yet? coz ik some of you haven't. also it might not get any better this chapter but I promise, it will get better... eventually... or will it? um stan these friendships for clear skin)

~kaycee pov~ 

I stare into my full carton of ice cream. The other girls have finished theirs already, but I can't stomach anything: I feel sick. I look over at Tahani and Bailey who are licking their spoons clean. I hold out my carton out to both of them before they look at me with a confused look in their eyes.

"I don't want it, you guys can have it." I offer.

"Baby, come on you have to eat something." Bailey says sweetly, edging closer to me. I shake my head, my eyes filling up with tears again.

"Oh come here." Tahani says. I shuffle over to where they are sitting and let them embrace me in a group hug. I rest my head on both of their shoulders. I can tell that they are giving each other worried looks above my head, they always do whenever I am upset.

"Why did he leave me? I loved him." I say into their hoodies.

"Yeah we know sweetie." Bailey says comfortingly. 

"Well Kaycee, he told you why he did it. And by the sound of things, he's going through a lot. Maybe he just wants to stop feeling as if he has to pay you back for everything you have done for him and he just wants time alone to get past his issues so he can finally figure out his feelings for you later." Tahani adds.

"Yeah, T's probably right.I mean if I was in his position, I would probably feel like that as well. It's a lot of weight: carrying around all the bullying. But when you care so much about someone who you realise is slowly being brought into your problems, that's another load on top of that." Bailey continues.

"But I want to help him get through it, surely he understands that!" I say frustratedly.

"Yeah of course he does! But I think that he doesn't like feeling as if he is a burden to you. Maybe he wants to sort out some problems before he feels he can be a real friend to you." Bailey points out.

"Maybe you're right. It just hurts me that he won't let me help him when it's clear that he is feeling alone. And by pushing me away, it's going to make that worse. But I can see why he is doing it. Ah! It sucks because I already miss him!" I say, sitting up straight as they let go of me. 

"It's obvious that you miss him, we already knew that." Tahani jokes. I look at her with a confused look as she rolls her eyes.

"Oh come on Kayc! You are so easy to read! It's not like you have been in love with him since day one." Tahani says sarcastically.

"No I haven't." I reply sheepishly.

"Kayc, you really are blind to your own feelings, aren't you? Where did that ice cream go?" Bailey asks. I point to the carton of ice cream barely resting on the edge of the bed. Bailey grabs it before Tahani can snatch it off her and sticks her tongue out.

"I'm joking, we can share." Bailey says quietly to Tahani. She grabs her spoon and digs it into the carton before both of them turn back to me.

"So, our problem is: Sean loves Kaycee, but feels like he is using her so he left her. And Kaycee loves Sean back, but she doesn't want to accept it and she's hurt because he left her." Bailey states.

"Well, we don't know how Sean feels about me." I point out.

"Well, you're obviously blind or there's something wrong with you if you can't see it." Tahani adds. I roll my eyes and groan at them.