Chapter 21

(I acc don't have much to say besides thanks for reading, it really means a lot. I kinda got confused with my timeline while writing this and had to check with my friend to see if this acc makes sense in the story. I hope it does haha, sometimes I just get carried away while writing these chapters and completely forget what has acc happened. so yeah. thanks ani for putting up with my random questions about where my story is at, love ya ❤️. hope you enjoy! okay, turns out I do have something to say... anyway...)

~sean pov~

I finish writing my last sentence on my history homework. My phone buzzes on my desk beside me, scaring me slightly. I flip it over and read through the message from Noah that shows up on the screen. He sent me a link to a video on Instagram. I type in my password and open the message. I click the link and it sends me to a webpage where the video pops up. It's from Kaycee's account. I press play on the video and instantly recognise the place where the  video is filmed. It's the coffee shop. I turn up the volume and watch the guy on the video dance around the shop to Gone by Harry Hudson.

"She..." I start. I can feel the anger build up in my brain. My head starts to throb as my face gets hotter. She filmed the whole thing! The whole thing! And she didn't even tell me or even ask for my permission! 

I turn off my phone and push away from my desk before storming downstairs. 

"Mom, I'm going out." I say bitterly. I slip on my shoes before opening the front door. I run down the driveway, trying to remember my way to Kaycee's. I continue running down the street as I feel my blood boiling, my heart beating double the speed it should be. As I meet the beginning of her driveway, I slow my run into a walk. I'm trying to slow my breathing down before I knock at her door. A few seconds later, someone opens the door. It's Laura.

"Hey Laura. Is Kaycee home?" I ask politely.

"Hey Sean, yeah she is. Everything okay?" she replies, sounding slightly disappointed.

"Yeah, can I talk to her? If she is okay with coming outside because I want to talk to her in private, if that's okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, of course. Let me just call her." she says. I smile at her before she shouts Kaycee's name. I hear a voice reply as I see Kaycee walk down the stairs. She seems happy but more surprised when she sees me.

"Sean." she says as she walks up to us.

"Can we talk?" I ask, indicating for her to follow me outside. She nods before slipping on a pair of shoes by the door. Laura smiles at us both before shutting the door behind us. I take a deep breath, trying not to lash out at her.

"What's up?" she questions, slightly awkwardly. 

"What's this?" I ask bitterly, showing her the video from my phone. 

She hesitates. "Sean... I-"

"When did you tell me you were going to do this?" I shout.

"Sean, I can expla-" 

"I don't want to hear it Kaycee! We weren't on speaking terms already, did you think that this would make everything better? 'Maybe if I film Sean dancing and post it all over the internet, we might get back on track!' Well Kaycee, did you ever wonder what I would think of you posting my personal freestyle online? No, of course you didn't! Because you thought it was what was best for me. But you know what Kaycee, it isn't! I wonder what Griffin is gonna think when he finds out that I can dance? Wow! Imagine how many group chats he can create about that now! I mean he's following you after all! Yeah sure, he might have been expelled after everything he did, but I'm sure he hates me for that already. Now this, on top of everything else! And I know that you mean well, but you never think about anything before you do it! But you know what? Well done! You have just done the exact opposite of helping me! You have just made the bullying worse, you have exposed the one thing that allowed me to escape from the world to my parents and now Noah will see me differently. Well done, Kaycee! You happy? You proud of yourself?" I shout. I can see the tears forming in her eyes as I speak.