Chapter 18

(sorry if it's kinda repetitive, but this is just how I imagine situations like this to turn out. also sorry for the shorter chapter but can we just appreciate how active I have been on here recently, that's a first. but I'm acc really enjoying writing this and I love hearing the feedback from you lot, so yeah ty for reading hehehe, enjoy!) 

~sean pov~

I wave goodbye to Maria before leaving the quiet shop. I grab my headphones out of my pocket and push them into my ears. I scroll through the list of songs on my phone before clicking a random one and shoving my phone back in my pocket. I let the music take over my mind and breathe in the cold air. Being outside helps me free my mind, which is something I really need at the moment. Although today it doesn't work and I can't help letting my mind wander, too many things have happened today. I really do need to think about the bullying situation though. I guess the good thing about letting the nurse talk to the school would be that I wouldn't have been involved in it all coming out. After all, Griffin did beat me up in front of everyone and in school hours. Plus he already knows that the teachers took me to the nurses office anyway, he must know something is coming soon. Maybe if I ask the nurse to tell him or his parents that they reported him and that it has nothing to do with me... Wow, that doesn't sound suspicious at all! Ugh! I don't know, at least if someone else does it, it's not my fault if he gets expelled. But I know he won't see it that way. But it can't continue! You know what, I might just let the nurse tell the school and just make sure that I have no part in it. I will also let Griffin know I have no part in whatever happens. It is all his fault, he did start bullying me in the first place. But I probably didn't help myself by not doing his homework. And maybe I haven't always been nice about him behind his back, but no one expects me to be throwing praise his way when he beats me up pretty much every week. Let's just hope that it sorts itself out. Who am I kidding? That won't happen! He's going to hate me more than he already does if this gets him expelled. Maybe his parents will ground him for a while, it might allow him to recover from his anger? No, that's never going to happen. Why am I trying to find hope in this situation? It's going to end up badly for me either way. I don't know anymore. There's no possible way of me escaping him, unless he moves schools or cities. But that's highly unlikely, his dad owns one of the biggest tech companies in LA. Maybe he will have a change of heart if he is expelled, and he reflects on what he has done. I sound so stupid. No matter what happens, he's most likely getting expelled or at least suspended for a couple weeks. I would prefer him getting suspended because at least I'm not going to be responsible for him changing schools. Okay, so letting the nurse tell the school it is! I hope I don't regret this.

I turn the key in the lock and push open the door slowly. My mom hurries to the door as soon as she hears it open.

"Oh my- Sean! The school told me what happened, I was worried sick! Are you okay?" she says frantically.

"Yeah, I'm fine mom." I reply quietly, slipping off my shoes and leaving my bag by the door.

"Are you feeling dizzy or sick at all?" she asks, following me into the kitchen.

"No, I'm fine." I reply.

"Do you want some water or paracetamol?" she asks. I shake my head before placing my phone on the counter.

"Are you sure you-" she starts.

"Mom, I appreciate the concern but I am fine! The only thing wrong is Kayc-" I start frustratedly before burying my head into my hands as I feel my chest tightening.

"Hey, what happened?" she asks, rubbing my back.

"I've messed up badly, really badly. But I have a decent reason to and I can't go back now." I say as my eyes begin to blur.