Chapter 22

(shorter chapter again. 1. because it's 11pm and I was supposed to be asleep by now as I have school ugh. 2. because I like the ending of this chapter. and yes there are more chapters to come, this ending does sound like it should be the end of the story but it's not lol, you have to put up with my dodgy writing for a little while longer... sorry. I hope you enjoy because I have never typed so quietly in my life)

~sean pov~ 

I hand over the latte to the lady at the counter as she gives me some money for the coffee.

"Thank you!" I say. She thanks me back before leaving the shop. The bell dings as she opens the door. I put the cash into the register and log it into the machine. I hear another ding of the bell as a lady and a man walk up to the register.

"Hello, what can I get you?" I ask them. I recognise the lady but I choose not to say anything, incase I am imagining things.

"Hello! You are Sean Lew, right?" she asks politely. I nod, giving a slightly confused look.

"Hi Sean! I'm Tessandra Chavez! I'm a choreographer who is currently looking for dancers for a concert coming up. I was told about your dancing from a mentor named Alexander Chung. He told me about you and Kaycee. I had the pleasure of meeting Kaycee yesterday, but I haven't had the chance of meeting you yet, let alone seeing you dance. But last night, I was sent a post from Kaycee on instagram and I saw some comments seeing that it was actually you that was free styling. I already know my way around LA, so I knew where this shop was and I came here to ask you something. I have noticed that you haven't got social media, and I know about your financial position from the other mentors. But besides that, I would love for you to work with me for the concert in LA that is coming up in a couple of months. I have already asked Kaycee, she was happy to work with me, but I would love for you two to work as a duet. Would that be okay with you?" she replies.

I gasp a little in disbelief. This is the world famous Tessandra Chavez, and she's asking me to work with her.

"I would love too! Thank you so much!" I answer.

"Don't thank me. Thank Kaycee, because if she hadn't have posted the video of you free styling, then I never would have seen you dance. I probably would've picked someone else! So thank Kaycee next time you see her. Right, I need to head off and get the programme for the concert sorted! Thank you, and I'm glad I will be working with you both soon!" she says cheerfully.

"Thank you Mrs Chavez!" I reply as she walks out. 

This the biggest thing that has ever happened to me! This could be the best opportunity ever! And I get to do it with Kaycee... with... Oh no.

I push away from the counter around to the door to the staff room. I shove open the door and dramatically enter.

"Maria, can I take a break for a bit? I've just realised I have made the biggest mistake ever. I also have massive news, but I need to fix my mess first." I ask.

"Yes, of course! Tell me everything when you get back. Oh, and take as much time as you need." she replies sweetly. I thank her before taking off my apron and slinging it over a chair. I run out of the shop and head down the street. I make my way through town, stopping every now and then at a turning to make sure that I'm going the right way.

I turn up at her driveway and run up the path. I knock on the door, my heart pounding and my breathing heavy. I hear footsteps coming up to the door before it opens.

"Hey Laura. I'm guessing you know what happened last night, and I've realised how much of an idiot I was. I really need to speak to Kaycee again, but if she's not ready to talk then it's okay." I blurt out.

She nods and smiles at me before calling Kaycee's name. I watch Kaycee come down the stairs, but today she's walking slowly. I study her face, it is pale and her eyes have bags underneath. Did I do this to her? She sees me at the door and her eyes fill up. 

"I thought you didn't want to see me again." she says quietly.

"Kayc, I'm an idiot. Please can we talk?" I plead. She shrugs her shoulders before following me outside. Her mom shuts the door behind her, leaving us alone in Kaycee's front yard. 

"What do you want to say?" she asks bluntly.

"Kaycee, I am so sorry for how I have treated you recently. All you have done is care for me and stand up for me, and I have been so horrible to you in return. I just felt guilty that I haven't been able to do anything back to help you and I hated that you have been getting bullied as well. But that's no excuse to treat you how I did. I realised that you posted the video to help me, and I should have let you explain that Tessandra Chavez wanted to work with us. And I hate that I said all of those things to you, I just wish that I could take it all back." I admit.

"Do you expect me to forgive you just like that? I thought that I could help you by posting this because you could finally achieve your dream, but you didn't let me explain! You just said all those things and left me when you didn't even know the full story! I'm glad you have realised why I actually did it but you told me to stay away, so that is what I am doing." she says bitterly. She starts walking back up the drive before I grab her arm. She tries to pull away but I tighten my grip and pull her closer. She pushes against my chest, trying to shove me away. Her eyes start filling up with tears as she struggles. She shakes her head and the tears fall down her cheeks. We struggle for a few seconds before in a split second she gives up. I take this short period of time to use my strength and pull her into my arms. I wrap my arms around her, not letting her pull away. She bursts into tears as I hug her before she wraps her arms around my torso. She cries loudly into my shirt as we hug. 

"Kaycee, I'm so sorry for everything I have done. You deserve the world and I have been an idiot in not trying to give it to you. But one day, I hope I can. I love you Kaycee, I need you. Not because you help me through everything, but because you make me the happiest person alive. Whenever I am with you, I feel as if I am walking on air. You are the one person in the world that understands me, and I feel as if I can talk to you about anything. You are the most beautiful and kind-hearted girl I have ever met. And I took that for granted but I promise to you that I won't ever hurt you again. Please Kaycee, you are everything to me." I plead. 

"I love you too Sean, and believe it or not: I need you as well. You do make me happy and I've never met anyone like you. I'm sorry if I push you to do things or I force you to accept things, I know that sometimes I go over the top with trying to help but I want the best for you." she replies into my shirt.

"Kayc, you have nothing to be sorry for. I was the one who said those horrible things to you and didn't even think that you were doing the best thing for me." I say. She tightens her grip around me and I do the same.

"I love you Sean." she says quietly.

"I love you too Kaycee, more than you know."