Chapter 7

(sorry about the gaps in this one and changes of pov, so it might be a bit chaotic this chapter which I apologise for. btw, there are mentions of cuts and bruises and punching and stuff just be warned, it's nothing massive but i just want to warn you incase) 

~sean pov~

"Sean, you need to get ready for school." my mom says to me softly. I open my eyes and lift my head off of my desk slowly. She rubs my back as I sit upright. 

"I must have fallen asleep while working." I state, my eyes still slightly closed and full of sleep. 

"Yeah, long day at work yesterday?" she asks. I nod and run my eyes over the work laid in front of me.  Well, my work is completed. Where is Griffin's? I I root through the pile of homework on my desk and pick out the sheet Griffin gave me. It isn't completed. 

"Oh no." I say quietly. 

"You okay?" my mom asks. I quickly look up at her and nod my head. She raises her eyebrows at me before ruffling my hair and walking out.

"If you say so. See you in a bit." she sighs as she walks out the door. I rub my face with my hands and stand up to get ready for school. 

I walk into school, keeping my eyes on the floor. I'm not ready for today. I know I'm going to see Griffin before lunch, which means I won't have time to do the homework. 

"Sean!" a voice shouts from down the hall. I look to the left and see Noah walking up me. I wave at him and open my locker. 

"You okay?" he asks. 

"Yeah, you?" 

He nods and opens his own locker. "Did you do Griffin's homework?" 

I sigh and shake my head. "I know, I'm dead. I ran out of time. Work yesterday was hectic and I was so tired last night. I only just managed to finish my own homework, so I didn't have time to do his. I feel terrible about it but I'm hoping I won't see him before lunch, just so I can get it done."

"Sean. You know what's going to happen, I thought you were trying to stop it from happening!" Noah says, slightly louder. 

"You don't think I know! It's happening to me, not you! I was just tired and stressed. He can do whatever her wants, it's happened before." I reply, shouting slightly.

"Sorry Noah. I'm scared, I can't lie. I always will be but I guess I can't change things. What's done is done, isn't it?" I apologise. I rest my head against my locker door, dreading what might happen today. I look over the books and folders in my locker. My head is pounding and I can feel my heart in my throat. The sickness in my stomach is growing by the second. The school bell rings for the start of first period. It fills my ears, creating a ringing that keeps replaying in my head. 

"Hopefully we don't run into him until after lunch." Noah says, looking over to me. I nod as I can feel the colour draining from my face. We join the crowd of students going to their class. We turn off into one of the Science labs and pull out the stools from underneath the desks. The room is cold and sends chills down my spine. The teacher is typing away at her computer, waiting for the rest of the class to arrive. Noah looks towards the door and glances back at me. He nudges me with his elbow before I look over to the door. Griffin and his friends walk in. Jax, one of Griffin's friends, makes eye contact with me and starts laughing. Griffin looks over to me and heads over to our table. He stops in front of me.

"You done it loser?" he asks quietly with a bitter tone.

"Yeah, I- um. I just need to- I need to finish the last question." I stammer.