Chapter 31

(sorry for the slightly jumpy chapter. this chapter might be confusing at first but I promise that all this makes sense eventually. you will just have to wait, but any questions lmk in the comments.)

~sean pov~ 

"So what do you think?" Kaycee asks as we finish performing Can I be Him for Tessandra.

"It's... it's..." she stutters. 

"We can change it if you don't like it." Kaycee offers hurriedly.

"No! It's beautiful. You two have left me speechless! Can I just step outside for a minute?" Tessandra says, sounding flustered. We nod and watch her stand up and walk out of the room. Kaycee walks over to me, her face bright red and her eyes full of panic.

"Sean what if she doesn't like it?" she asks. 

"She clearly does, I mean she said she does." I reassure her.

"But she just walked out." she continues. I grab her hands and pull her towards me. Our faces becomes inches apart, I can almost feel her breath on my face.

"Kaycee."

She hums in response, her eyes darting between mine.

"She said she loves it, so stop stressing. Now come here." I say as I pull her into a hug. She rests her head on my chest and wraps her arms around my torso. Tessandra comes back into the room and stops as she sees us.

"Everything okay?" she asks. I tap Kaycee on the back before she turns around.

"Yeah, we are good." I answer.

"Good. Sorry about that, I didn't want to cry in front of you both. So I stepped outside to compose myself. The dance is beautiful, I was surprised; especially since Sean has never really choreographed his own piece before and you two are a new duet! It was incredible and I can't think of much to improve on it. I think it just needs practice, and maybe technique needs to be improved on the lifts. But other than that, there is nothing I would change to any of it. I'm so impressed and I'm so excited for the final piece to come together. I think when the lighting effects are added, it will add another depth to the storytelling, so I am looking forward to piecing that together." she explains. We nod along as she speaks. I look over at Kaycee who smiles at me and huffs a sigh of relief. 

"Well done today both of you! I think we can stop here for now. If you two want to head home, then we can regroup tomorrow?" she offers.

"Thanks so much Tessandra!" we say in sync. We grab our bags and head towards the door before I remember something.

"Kayc, can I catch you up?" I ask her. She looks over to me with a questioning look on her face. "I need to speak to Tessandra about something quickly."

"Oh okay, I will be in the car park with Devon." she says before flashing me a smile and leaving.

"You alright Sean?" Tessandra asks as she packs her bag.

"I have a request and it's completely fine if this isn't okay." 

"Hit me." 

"I want to do something special for Kaycee and I was wondering if I could do it at the end of the concert, since Can I be Him is the final piece so Kayc and I will already be on stage." I pitch.

"Yeah, that's fine! It's nothing too extravagant, right?" she asks.

"No, basically I want to..." 

~kaycee pov~

"What's taking him so long?" Devon asks from beside me.

"I don't know. He said that he needed to talk to Tessandra about something, but I don't know what. He's been acting really weird lately, he's been getting really angry at me if I ask about something that he has been doing and he seems really stressed." I explain.